New Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster

I would think it's a pretty good tool for guitarists who use modelers like the Axe FX and switch between acoustic and electric in the same song. You could be strumming away one minute and then switch over to a Tele cranked thru your favorite tube amp the next.

Are the various acoustic sounds digitally modeled or is it just a matter of different eqs being applied?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ labor costs are the single biggest cost in the process. America is an expensive place to live.
Well... I mean, I feel like I can get a variety of high quality brands made in the USA for less than what I feel is an "average" quality Fender or Gibson.

But the last time I bought a new (as opposed to a "new to me") guitar was 6-7 years ago.

And I'm not typically a Fender or Gibson guy... And I prefer the golden age of MIJ guitars... So, yeah, just ignore my comments ;)

I'll probably wait a bit and pick one up used in a year or so for dramatically less money.

Demos sound great... But damn, $2k is not chump change :(

I agree. I am a fender guy as most know but never owned or even played an acoustic fender.
Would love to own one of those also, just because, but $2K. Ian is correct that is the street price it seems.

I played a couple of them at the show. They are actually pretty cool and I'm highly tempted to pick up the Sonic Grey one. I really liked that dark brown one (2nd from the right) as seen in this photo:

PInTAhk.jpg

I wish that they were offering these on the open market. The American flag one looked honestly rather good. I'm not a big flag-waver but have to admit that I liked the overall vibe due to the guitar's mixture of classic style and forward-looking features and updates. It goes well with Old Glory. I just can't see myself waving that flag in Vienna, alas.

The neck is interesting. It is a classic and thoroughly Telecaster neck. You'll know it when you pick it up. However, my hand was immediately thrown off of its regular library of licks due to the very heavy phosphor bronze strings on it. This is not a fault of they instrument. It was simply weird being presented with two known but very different interfaces (Tele and acoustic) at the same time. I think that I could adapt over a short period of time though. I'd like to try one with my preferred set of 10-46 strings.

I would think it's a pretty good tool for guitarists who use modelers like the Axe FX and switch between acoustic and electric in the same song. You could be strumming away one minute and then switch over to a Tele cranked thru your favorite tube amp the next.

Pick up an old Variax guitar - makes more sense!

Kiesel is the first one I thought of. Some of the less fancy Suhr guitars...
You can’t get a brand new Suhr for less than $2k. Looks like if you’re reeeeaaaaallllllyyyy conservative you can keep a Kiesel under $1500. Maybe.

Pick up an old Variax guitar - makes more sense!

I had the US made James Tyler Variax. Played solo...meh, not super convincing. But, placed in the mix, I thought it did a good job. But, I don’t think the Fender is a modeling guitar.

I had the US made James Tyler Variax. Played solo...meh, not super convincing. But, placed in the mix, I thought it did a good job. But, I don’t think the Fender is a modeling guitar.
No it isn't i just meant that for $2k you get a lot more options from other guitars. Not sure who this is really directed at at that amount of money for a nice looking but cheap feeling guitar seems off to me. They sounded like an acoustic should, but so do so many other guitars. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Back
Top Bottom