New Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster

They played amazing and really sounded good plugged in. Very expensive for a guitar that feels like balsa wood, though. (IMHO).

I like the USA one.

PInTAhk.jpg

Last edited:
I had a USACG replacement neck with that kind of ebony board a while back. They can be had.

I want the mahogany neck with the Fender final Elite trim treatment. Rolled frets, satiny non poly finish. I probably could get near to it at Warmoth and find a local cat to get the frets made sexy. But those guys at Fender do some exsquisite work these days.

Sounds great for what it is, dig the concept. But looks ugly/cheap to me. Doesn't look like a $2000 instrument, looks like $700.

Btw, battery in there I presume? Can't find this info.

I thought the demos sounded really good, I'm interested as well. It's a real challenge to amplify acoustic guitar live. Would definitely want to check it out

Last edited:
"A Tele with a cup holder" loved that comment! I would also like to see how you recover a pick out of the body design?

It was designed by the guy that designed the Taylor T5. The Taylor uses an undersaddle pup and conventional acoustic guitar preamp.
The Fender is using a Fishman designed system along the lines of their Aura system. Fender has a regular looking bridge pup in there, but I'm unsure if they're using the pickup or a model of it.

I tried it at NAMM show and it feels... “cheap”. The man at Fender booth told me that price is 999$ and IMHO it looks like is overpriced for what you get...

I tried it at NAMM show and it feels... “cheap”. The man at Fender booth told me that price is 999$ and IMHO it looks like is overpriced for what you get...
Sweetwater has them for $1999... So, either that guy is mistaken, or they are way overcharging ;)

Everyone has different tastes, I guess. I think they look very nice...
The "binding" looks too thick to me, makes the top looks like a pasted on sticker decal. The multi-colored fretboard doesn't help either. I guess it's got that "Americana" thing going on, it's a fun look, but doesn't look not like a $2k instrument IMHO. Considering the design/appearance, I wish it was made overseas.

BUT, never held it in my hand yet, so maybe it looks better in person.

Back
Top Bottom