New FCB1010 and some questions

kfowler8

So I picked this up yesterday locally. $100 for like-new condition. It's got the box and everything plus the Uno chip. I've never programmed a single midi unit it my life so I was a little apprehensive based on everything I've read about the FCB1010.

I got to say it was a lot easier than I thought. I used one of the software editors and after a couple trials and errors to understand how it worked, I pretty much got everything I want. This site and a couple of other were great for tracking down any issues I ran into.

Here's how I have it setup:
1-5 change the presets on the Axe-Fx
6-8 change the scenes. I can get scenes 1-4. I could have set it up to go through all 8 scenes but you'd have to go through each scene to get to the next. So I've got lead boost set on scene two for a couple of presets so when I hit #6, I get the increased volume
9 is my tuner
10 is my tap tempo
Expression pedal A is my wah
Expression pedal B is my volume

I need to try this a couple of times in a live setting to see what layout works best.

Couple of things I'm still trying to figure out. I'm open to suggestions if you have any.
  • When I hit #9 for the tuner, the tuner comes on in the display window of the Axe. That's great. However I want to be able to hit #9 again and turn the tuner back off. Right now it doesn't do anything once the tuner is on. It's not a big deal because to get out of it, I just hit any of the preset patches (1-5) and it takes it out of tuning mode. Do I need to make this a stompbox? I tried sending two CC commands of zero and 127 to #9
  • For the wah pedal, you have to have it all the way back for the wah to be off. I'm curious if there's any other options for disengaging the wah without using another patch button. It works fine like it is but it would be nice to know what else is out there
  • Finally, when I hit the up and down buttons on the FCB1010, it changes the banks by increments of 10. So up one and I have access to presets 11-20. The problem is I'm already using buttons 6-10 on the board so I can't really access the last five presets of each bank. I'm curious if there's a way to make the up and down only increase by increments of five instead of 10
Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom