New FC price point please

post #51 still stands -
I know you want answers, as do many other people (myself included)... But repeatedly asking the same things (in multiple threads) is not getting you anywhere AND it's getting a little old to read as a forum user.

Please give this a rest... Fractal will give details when they are ready.

So given that some info has been provided regarding FC functionality with respect to the 12 layouts, do we know if the FCs will support per patch switch assignments like the AX8, or will we be limited to the layouts? If we don't know yet, that's fine - just thought I'd ask since didn't see an answer in the Wiki...

Thanks,
RR

So given that some info has been provided regarding FC functionality with respect to the 12 layouts, do we know if the FCs will support per patch switch assignments like the AX8, or will we be limited to the layouts? If we don't know yet, that's fine - just thought I'd ask since didn't see an answer in the Wiki...

Thanks,
RR

I don’t think we know for sure. I think Cliff said there should be per-preset assignments, but he didn’t seem 100% confident - he doesn’t work on this stuff, apparently. I think he said it was specced or something like that.

How the “layouts” work is anyone’s guess.

Relax all. The FC will follow the Axe-Fx III — probably before many of you even get your purchase invitations.

Meanwhile, there's one more thing I can tell you: there's a FRACTAL AUDIO SYSTEMS logo on every FC, which means we'll all put our very best into it -- now an on an ongoing basis.
Thanks @Admin M@ for those comments. I’m planning on purchasing the Axe Fx III based on my great experiences with FAS gear over the past 7 years. Your commitment to a quality product AND a quality customer experience keeps me coming back. No reason to think the FC won’t be the same.

I realize that answers zero questions here, but I do appreciate M@‘s comments and commitment to the cause!

I am sure this has been asked or addressed in one of these various threads, but I assume that either the AX8 or Axe Fx8 can serve as a basic MIDI controller for the AXE 3.
My needs are pretty simple- change presets, and have a stompbox mode, and hook up an external pedal for wah or volume.
Changing scenes is a bonus.

How do you know it will even work properly with the III? That is, I’m sure that eventually it will, but when? We don’t know that, so we.

Sure, anything will work for just one-sided communication. But then who needs an expensive controller for that.

Cliff said he's already working with Ron from RJM, so the Mastermind GT should be able to sync in real-time with the Axe-Fx III.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/integration-with-rjm-mastermind-gt.136006/#post-1609996

I'm not sure if it's been announced yet but if the Axe-Fx III can be edited with Axe-Edit using MIDI cables then the Mastermind GT and Liquid Foot+ and X Series will definitely be able to sync in real-time. That's how they work now. They use the same sysex messages that Axe-Edit uses to sync in real-time.

You could also use the LF+ the old fashion way by manually setting up each Preset on the LF+ to control the Axe-Fx III. I program some of my LF+ Presets to select a specific Scene when selecting an Axe-Fx II Preset. I don't own a Mastermind GT but from what I've read, it probably can be manually programmed too.

Cliff said he's already working with Ron from RJM, so the Mastermind GT should be able to sync in real-time with the Axe-Fx III.

Yeah, I’ve seen that, and yes, I’m sure these controllers will work with the III eventually. Just don’t know when this will happen. Just as we don’t know when the FCs will be available.

Is there anything known about the size/dimensions of these units? Even a guesstimate? Was about to sell a older small pedalboard, but it might be great for the FCs. It's 24" x 12" x 6" - would one of these fit?

Back
Top Bottom