New FC price point please

I've been thinking that if they are $350-ish for the FC-6 that I might buy two instead of an FC-12. This would allow me to make an alternate, smaller rig.

Also, I like the idea of have an FC-6 then a controller pedal or two then another FC-6 and more pedals, or even the ability to position the two FC-6 controllers in a sort of "V" shape which is impossible with a larger pedal,

I think that is the way I was going to begin with. I have always wanted a smaller, integrated controller for some situations. Two FC6's allow that flexibility.

I hope FAS allows us to wait until the FC6/12 is released and buy the Axe-Fx III and FC at the same time and not have to get back on the Axe-Fx III waitlist because I can't buy an Axe-Fx III until I know that the FC6/12 will be able to do everything I do with my FAMC Liquid Foot+ (LF+). I only use my LF+ to control my Axe-Fx II and don't use any outboard gear.

Also, the FC6/12 will only be bought by Axe-Fx III owners because it isn't a MIDI controller and won't work with any previous FAS products. When I bought my Axe-Fx II Mk I and MFC-101 Mk I, FAS included free shipping when you bought both as a bundle.

I hope FAS allows us to wait until the FC6/12 is released and buy the Axe-Fx III and FC at the same time and not have to get back on the Axe-Fx III waitlist because I can't buy an Axe-Fx III until I know that the FC6/12 will be able to do everything I do with my FAMC Liquid Foot+ (LF+). I only use my LF+ to control my Axe-Fx II and don't use any outboard gear.

Also, the FC6/12 will only be bought by Axe-Fx III owners because it isn't a MIDI controller and won't work with any previous FAS products. When I bought my Axe-Fx II Mk I and MFC-101 Mk I, FAS included free shipping when you bought both as a bundle.
I totally agree about having to get back on the list. Someone had a great idea about using the AF3 list as the FC6/12 list. I definitely don't want to wait until June to get the AF3 just because the FC wont be available until then.

I'm thinking a 12, with a 6 on the side will be perfect. I'll setup the 6 for mandatory scenes that will be global and also there is less buttons to look at so quick access will be better. Than use the 12 for specialty IA's or scenes, etc.

There's no info at all on the FC? The Axe III would not be able to be used live without it (or use its basic settings with an MFC-101 and MIDI cable).
This also means I can sell my Axe II but will need to hang onto the MFC-101 until the elusive FC makes an appearence....
This is a real major F... Up.
No info on what the FC can do, no info on a release date, not even a picture (a real one) seems the FC could be months away - there's going to be a lot of frustrated Axe III buyers unable to use it fully live........as I said a major F..up.
I have asked FAS for info on the FC as lots of users, myself included, need to know if it's possible to operate other external equipment as you can with the MCF-101 - this is always greeted with silence, meaning it doesn't or they dont know. Come on guys - what's happening here?

There's no info at all on the FC? The Axe III would not be able to be used live without it (or use its basic settings with an MFC-101 and MIDI cable).
This also means I can sell my Axe II but will need to hang onto the MFC-101 until the elusive FC makes an appearence....
No info on what the FC can do, no info on a release date, not even a picture (a real one) seems the FC could be months away - there's going to be a lot of frustrated Axe III buyers unable to use it fully live........as I said a major F..up.
I have asked FAS for info on the FC as lots of users, myself included, need to know if it's possible to operate other external equipment as you can with the MCF-101 - this is always greeted with silence, meaning it doesn't or they dont know. Come on guys - what's happening here?
Totally agree

Geez....this is a tough crowd. Major F up? Really? Lots of companies release midi capable products without a dedicated controller. Some release them later. Some never release them. If I remember correctly, the MFC came along later, didn't it?

Guys, from what I've seen, FAS is a small company...a very small company. I've been to their office in NH and saw them loading firmware, testing and readying AX8s for shipment. This is a small operation, and if that hasn't changed, they aren't dealing with thousands, even hundreds of units at a time. They are not L6 or BOSS. Product development, mfg, qualification and release takes time. They could have held the III release until the FCs were ready, but that would also mean no revenue until they started shipping FCs....and frankly you probably would have been more pissed watching the early testers for that much longer. Appreciate the fact that FAS already tells you more than most companies about release progress. Don't make them regret it.

Bottom line...be patient! We're on the edge of something great here!

RR

Lets say the choice is this, get the III ASAP, or have Fractal hold off until the FC's are ready as well, say June (hypothetically)

How many folks are going to be pissed off they have to 3 extra months for the III, verses how many are mad they can't get a FC with the III ??

Its like Fractal can't win honestly because everyone has that "I want it now" mentality, regardless of the item. Of course all those same folks were happily enjoying their XL+ the day before the III was announced, so then some folks are mad the III was even announced because it hurt the "resale" value of the XL+, and of course some of those bought a XL+ recently, so they get upset that FAS didn't give more "warning" that a III was on the market, because if they knew they would of waited 3 months and not bought the XL+....

Honestly whatever FAS does, announce things, not announce things, have a new flagship, not have a new flagship for another year, ship when the III is ready, not ship until the FC is also ready, et al., someone on this forum is going to complain

Lighten up Francis.What is happening is you are melting down like a fckign snowflake.
Just keep your present rig and then get a AXE III when everything is perfect and meets your expectations.
Or buy an AXE 3 and use it in studio until there is a foot pedal.
Or buy and AXE 3 and use any generic MIDI controller for basic changes - even the MFC you have.

Or buy an AXE8 and use that until it is ready.
It is good enough for Dweezil on international tours. I cannot imagine it can't meet your needs.

Totally agree
Nobody is forcing you to by an Axe Fx III. If you want to buy one and use it live without the FC and including whatever limitations there may be in using a "standard" midi controller, you're more than welcome to do that. Most likely I will... But if it isn't good enough, I'll stick with the Axe Fx II for live until it is.

If not, don't buy the Axe Fx III until the FC is a known quantity and available to purchase.

Products come out when they come out. I'd love to get the Axe Fx III and FC at the same time, but if I can't I'd consider myself lucky to be getting the III early!

Fractal could just as easily wait for the FC to be available before releasing the Axe Fx III, which means maybe several months. In either case, you'd be waiting...

My plan is to get the 3 with or without the FC. I can start to learn the new set up and work flow of the 3 if the FC is not available. I was on the wait pretty early on.
I do hope the FC will be ready at my purchase date. I feel it is like buying a Lamborghini and have the steering wheel back ordered. Looks great, runs perfect, new car smell and all, but just can't take it for a real ride.
I do like the MFC set ups for how I use a floor board so a little concerned about the work flow on the new FC.I keep telling myself Fractal Audio must feel this new board will work as well if not better than the MFC.

Relax all. The FC will follow the Axe-Fx III — probably before many of you even get your purchase invitations. Meanwhile, it will take a little work to set up, but you can use any MIDI controller to operate almost everything on the Axe-Fx III remotely. Things that would NOT work on an MFC would be Tempo LED and Tuner display on the floor (Get a cheap Clip on. they work great.). Also, you'll need to enter preset names manually. I'll talk to the program's author and see if we can't run a sale on MFC Edit for those who don't already have it.

Lets say the choice is this, get the III ASAP, or have Fractal hold off until the FC's are ready as well, say June (hypothetically)

How many folks are going to be pissed off they have to 3 extra months for the III, verses how many are mad they can't get a FC with the III ??

Its like Fractal can't win honestly because everyone has that "I want it now" mentality, regardless of the item. Of course all those same folks were happily enjoying their XL+ the day before the III was announced, so then some folks are mad the III was even announced because it hurt the "resale" value of the XL+, and of course some of those bought a XL+ recently, so they get upset that FAS didn't give more "warning" that a III was on the market, because if they knew they would of waited 3 months and not bought the XL+....

Honestly whatever FAS does, announce things, not announce things, have a new flagship, not have a new flagship for another year, ship when the III is ready, not ship until the FC is also ready, et al., someone on this forum is going to complain

I’d rather have had them wait to release the Axe3 until the proprioritary footswitch you need to get the most out of it quickly was ready. Or at the very least be less tight lipped about the FC...maybe have manuals for the Axe3 and FCs available for download before shipping so you can get all your questions answered. It just seems like a misstep.

Relax all. The FC will follow the Axe-Fx III — probably before many of you even get your purchase invitations. Meanwhile, it will take a little work to set up, but you can use any MIDI controller to operate almost everything on the Axe-Fx III remotely. Things that would NOT work on an MFC would be Tempo LED and Tuner display on the floor (Get a cheap Clip on. they work great.). Also, you'll need to enter preset names manually. I'll talk to the program's author and see if we can't run a sale on MFC Edit for those who don't already have it.
But the MFC isn't going to do two-way communication and track things like IA states, etc, when used with the Axe Fx III... Right? Not complaining, just clarifying.

It not so much the wait for the controller but don't most agree that a price point ballpark would be nice
Fc6 400-$500 FC12 6-$700
I had read on another forum $999 for fc12 so just some clarity would be cool

It not so much the wait for the controller but don't most agree that a price point ballpark would be nice
Fc6 400-$500 FC12 6-$700

Although I am sure it will work seamlessly- Nobody will be very happy spending $1000 on a dumb box with 12 buttons.
I am sure FAS will be fair, but I am also sure there will be other aftermarket options that evolve at various price points.

I’d assume if one can drop $2499 on the III the price of the FC isn’t going to be make or break them by a few hundred dollars either way

Now sure if the FC is $1200 I’d give pause, but if it’s $350 vs $500 or so, what is $150 in the larger purchase perspective ?

Fc6 400-$500 FC12 6-$700
Oh geez! If I had a nickel for every unsubstantiated BS rumour I've read about FAS products on other forums I'd use it to buy an Axe-FX III and 2 FC12s. Case in point, Cliff provided an update that the shipment was delayed a week. I read elsewhere that people are turning that into 2 to 3 weeks or more. Only one recent example, but trolls like to stir the pot. (Not saying you are a troll, but what you read moat likely was.)

If Cliff or M@ didn't say it, don't believe it, and don't spread it please.

Back
Top Bottom