New FC-6 to go with FM3 - moving EV-1 pedal to FC-6?

dsimms

Inspired
Just got my FC6. I've been using the FM3 with two EV pedals, plugged into its Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 inputs. Is there a way I can plug my two EV pedals into either the FM3 or FC6 Pedal 1 & 2 inputs without having to reset something each time I switch?

Are you asking about switching the pedals back and forth between the FM3 and FC6? If so, it should require you to calibrate them once for each unit, then you are done. I do recommend that you mark the pedals so that you are always using the same one as "pedal 1" and "pedal 2" on the units. The EV pedals are very linear, but there could be minor differences between them.

Are you asking about switching the pedals back and forth between the FM3 and FC6? If so, it should require you to calibrate them once for each unit, then you are done. I do recommend that you mark the pedals so that you are always using the same one as "pedal 1" and "pedal 2" on the units. The EV pedals are very linear, but there could be minor differences between them.
I'm not getting any response using my previous volume EV1 plugged into the FC6 Pedal 1 input. My volume is at 100% and the pedal does nothing. That's why I was thinking I might have to do something to tell the FM3 that the pedal was plugged into the FC6. I'd like it to work like you said, so that the Pedal inputs on both the FM3 and FC6 were treated the same.

You need to adjust the FM3 settings when you switch pedal ports like that.

Note that if you have modifiers for things like wah, whammy, volume block on the grid, you can choose an External Control as source rather than selecting a specific pedal port. Then you can adjust the Ext Ctrl assignment in I/O: External instead of having to edit every modifier.

Note that if you have modifiers for things like wah, whammy, volume block on the grid, you can choose an External Control as source rather than selecting a specific pedal port. Then you can adjust the Ext Ctrl assignment in I/O: External instead of having to edit every modifier.
Sorry. I misunderstood your question. @Bakerman gave you a good recommendation. Either way, you need to edit the modifiers on the FM3 to use the pedals which as attached to the FC6.

This also lets you assign a starting value on preset selection. I switched all my stuff over to Externals just for that. I have a controller I want to start out at 50%, to control the overall wet/dry mix on my delays/verbs.

This also lets you assign a starting value on preset selection. I switched all my stuff over to Externals just for that. I have a controller I want to start out at 50%, to control the overall wet/dry mix on my delays/verbs.
Ext. Ctrl. initial values only apply from power-on (or most recent adjustment if you've adjusted the init. value itself) until a change in value of the assigned controller. To have a modified parameter begin at a certain value anytime the preset is selected, enable PC Reset in the modifier settings. (Starting value is set by adjusting the actual parameter normally and storing the preset.)

Thanks Joe! I'm good with global volume and wah and haven't needed to change levels on reverbs and delays so I've been keeping it simple. BTW, I saw you were from or spent some time near Lakehurst. I was stationed at McGuire in the 80s and married a Browns Mills girl (ex now). I'm in Montgomery, AL now and sure miss those cheesesteaks and Italian food. There was this place, I think called PJ's, at the end of the flight line near Wrightstown, that made the most incredible subs and cheesesteaks. I should have spent more time getting to know Ken Fischer and trying to get a Trainwreck when I was there!

Ext. Ctrl. initial values only apply from power-on (or most recent adjustment if you've adjusted the init. value itself) until a change in value of the assigned controller. To have a modified parameter begin at a certain value anytime the preset is selected, enable PC Reset in the modifier settings. (Starting value is set by adjusting the actual parameter normally and storing the preset.)
Ah, ok. Sorry. Still useful, in my case, as it is most often used to adjust the wetness to the room, which would be a thing that you'd tweak as the room fills up or empties out.

Thanks Joe! I'm good with global volume and wah and haven't needed to change levels on reverbs and delays so I've been keeping it simple. BTW, I saw you were from or spent some time near Lakehurst. I was stationed at McGuire in the 80s and married a Browns Mills girl (ex now). I'm in Montgomery, AL now and sure miss those cheesesteaks and Italian food. There was this place, I think called PJ's, at the end of the flight line near Wrightstown, that made the most incredible subs and cheesesteaks. I should have spent more time getting to know Ken Fischer and trying to get a Trainwreck when I was there!
I grew up a mile from the Hindenburg crash site. Graduated HS in '83. Almost went in the AF, but failed the vision test for pilot. My grandfather was the best welder at Lakehurst NAS until he retired, and he worked down below the river level helping build the Route 70 bridge over the Manasquan River. There 's a road in Brick named after his uncle: Van Zile Road, Ocean County HWY #42. https://maps.app.goo.gl/piGpxPRG8iEfewew7 I want to get a Van Zile Road sign from the Ocean County road dept. to put up at my place. Lots of great Italian food in the area. Harder to find, and a bit pricy where I live now. I bugged out to Phoenix in '91. Living up near DVT currently. Almost moved back to NJ, but have found a cheaper place a bit south of AZA (the old Williams Airfield, now Mesa Gateway Airport), which I get the keys to on Friday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom