New FAS Video w. Larry Mitchell + Free Presets!

Great presets and CABS! I think the secret ingredients are the included Cabs.
The presets are excellent right out of the box w an HSS passive Strat. Gotta try the Les Paul next.
Thank you, Larry and FAS!

Does anyone know what speaker was in the Morgan? I just like to know these things! Sounds incredible

Just had a chance to test on these. Pretty incredible. I got the same results as Larry with a single coil.

Cool thing about my guitar (Carvin DC400) I have single coil, full humbuckers, active and passive all in one guitar.

In single coil mode, just like Larry. Humbuckers.....darker and more driven. Active pups with humbuckers, a bell like tone like the strat with more meat. You get the picture.

What astonished me, was how great these sounds were right out of the box. The only thing I did on a few presets was kill the bright button on the amps. Sometimes, it just made things sound a bit too strange. Especially when in single coil for me. Kinda like using a treble boost pedal.

But other than that, these are some of the best presets I've ever used. Great job Larry, Matt and the crew at FAS for giving them to.us. ;)

Hi All! I'm having trouble adding in the fas-larry-mitchell-preset-cab-pack. For some reason when I import it show up as an empty preset slot. What am I doing wrong? I added the cabs to my library and used axe-edit to import the Axe-Fx II presets. Do I need to use the bundles? What do I do?

Big thanks for putting these out for free!! Love it!

Hi All! I'm having trouble adding in the fas-larry-mitchell-preset-cab-pack. For some reason when I import it show up as an empty preset slot. What am I doing wrong? I added the cabs to my library and used axe-edit to import the Axe-Fx II presets. Do I need to use the bundles? What do I do?

Big thanks for putting these out for free!! Love it!

Which version of the firmware are you running? I believe these presets were made with Quantum 6.0.x.

@Larry Mitchell I FINALLY had a chance to really dig in to these presets this weekend and that AC-20 preset is...POW! Blowing my mind! Really a standout preset and it's working wonderfully with my TV Jones-equipped Telecaster. I've dropped that amp and cab combination in to my main gigging presets and took it out to rehearsal tonight and even the drummer was commenting on how good it sounded.

Thanks so much for these!

These presets are the bomb! There's something about mixing in a live studio session w/a set of pro guitar play ears like Larry's that is exquisite. Maybe we can convince him and other pros to help out here? I'll throw money at it!

Can anyone tell me what speakers were in the AC-20 that Fractal shot with Larry? Just trying to learn that's all x

Hola amigos. Soy nuevo en el foro. ¿Puede alguien decirme cómo encontrar el parche Larry Mitchell para el AX8? ¡¡¡Por favor!!!:(

[CITA = "improb_driver, mensaje: 1523778, miembro de: 49360"] Hola (estoy Usando Traductor de Google)

Descargue from Aquí y Seleccione La Carpeta Que lee "AX8". En AX8-Edit, Seleccione nueve preajustes Que estén vacíos (él Elegido 17-1 a 18-1) y guarde el preset Una Vez Que se cargue.

: Además, PUEDE GUARDAR los Archivos de gabinetes con CabLab. Espero, Que te ESTO AYUDE.

Muchas gracias hombre ;)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Anyone know what the Speaker Comp (/motor drive) and Speaker Drive settings was in these patches?

Or did they get that close to the real thing without using Speaker Comp and Speaker Drive?

it was a long time ago. speaker comp didn't exist then. there's no evidence that any advanced parameters were tweaked, but matt would know.

I think both Speaker Drive and Motor Drive (now called Speaker Comp) existed back then.

But yeah, hopefully Matt can chime in on this.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Anyone know what the Speaker Comp (/motor drive) and Speaker Drive settings was in these patches?

Or did they get that close to the real thing without using Speaker Comp and Speaker Drive?

If you go to the 1st post in this thread there's a link to download the presets. Here's the link http://www.fractalaudio.com/accurate

Also, you can compare those presets to a default preset by either exporting a CSV file from Axe-Edit and looking at a spreadsheet or using Y in the Amp block bc the X will be Larry's preset.

Thanks. I don’t have access to my AX8 at the moment, but I’ll check the presets out as soon as I get it back.

Will the hypothetical Motor Drive settings in these presets translate in to the new Speaker Comp settings?

Back
Top Bottom