New FAS Video w. Larry Mitchell + Free Presets!

That was amazing! What a great demonstration of accuracy. Larry, love your jams and style! Right up my alley. I'll have to catch you when you visit Tampa again, hopefully!

Thanks FAS and Larry! Good stuff! Merry Christmas!

One thing I noticed in this video, other than the obvious amazing comparison tones and playing, is how low the pickups are on Larry's guitar. Not sure how low the action is, but assuming it's a typical action setup, the pickups are just above the pick guard. At least from what I can tell in the video.

I've been experimenting with pick-up height on my Strat, trying to find the sweet spot and it's amazing how much you can affect the tone with a Phillips screwdriver.

One thing I noticed in this video, other than the obvious amazing comparison tones and playing, is how low the pickups are on Larry's guitar. Not sure how low the action is, but assuming it's a typical action setup, the pickups are just above the pick guard. At least from what I can tell in the video.

I've been experimenting with pick-up height on my Strat, trying to find the sweet spot and it's amazing how much you can affect the tone with a Phillips screwdriver.

The trem on Larry's guitar is recessed, so the neck sits lower in the pocket than on a strat. Larry's guitar is set up like an Ibanez or Jackson with a recessed edge/Floyd Rose. I actually prefer non recessed trems and TOM bridges because I like the strings a little higher off the body so I can dig in. That's 100 percent personal preference though. There is no right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom