New FAS Video w. Larry Mitchell + Free Presets!

+1 Montgomery here. Time for us to make a trip to Opelika and buy Larry the biggest steak dinner we can get.

Hey., yes I'm not far as you know. I come to Montgomery every now and then too. I'm not home much these days but if you guys every one to come by and check out guitars and talk gear, tone and Fractal things. Let me know. I'm home until January 1st

Thank you for the kind words
Larry

Ha, I was just in Germany. In fact I had just flown back from Düsseldorf airport two days before this video was shot. I was a bit jet lagged.

I had a great time in German and my heart goes out to the victims, their families and Germany for after yesterday's attack. I walked through them setting up that Christmas market too.

Thanks FAS and Larry for sharing. And may you guys have a Merry Christmas, a great holiday season and prosperous New Year.:)

I'll be forwarding this link on. If that video doesn't satisfy the anti-digital cork sniffers that I know... well they may as well go change their pedal batteries... again before they drop too much in power and really send them into a hissy.;)

Thank you Matt, Mark and Cliff. It was great to spend the day with you guys and eye opening as well. I've always gone for what sounds work best for the job I'm doing. Never really trying to get a sound exactly like particular amp Marshall or Fender that I have exactly. (Most tube amps don't sound exactly the same to me any way, I have a great 73 Plexi 100W never heard another that sounded exactly like it. I also have 4 little teed fender pro juniors they ALL sound slitghty different. I've always found it to be easy to get great Marshall or fender sound from the huge collection in the AXE FX. So I ve never tried side by side in this manor of detail to match sounds and I was very impressed and truly blown away the very first time Matt hit the button to switch and there was NO difference! To bad that wasn't on film! the initial response was special! :0) the rest of the day was filled with lots of "that's the tube amp, wait no... wait what. That's the AXE FX...wait what? No what.... :0) and talk of tone, road, Vintage Les Paul's and why isn't Mark Day playing? Wait what? Yes Mark Day was in the room and I don't think he touched a guitar! What?

Everytime I'm around Matt I learn something new and cool about effects! I mean everytime. This time he dialed up a delay that collapsed to center from a wide stereo image it was awesome. And I am and have been for a very long time and effects junky. Especially delays. Matt is the bomb!
Always great to hang out around Cliff! I can't even imagine what's going on in his head! :0)
And Tom Eaton the engineer! What a great find. I look forward to making music with him in the future. We had already known and worked with some cool artists but we had not met. He makes such beautiful textured pianoscapes!
Yes it was a great day. Jet lagged and all. :0)

The next day I returned to my duties of sweeping the fractal warehouse floor! :0) and hanging with the rest of the cool guys that work at the company. Seems like a great place to work. :0)
Thank you Matt

giphy.gif

Great video. I forwarded it to all of my non-AxeFX guitar playing friends.

Larry would sound great through a Crate GC20, so I'm not surprised it sounds terrific. The video is best at showing the lack of difference.

Looking forward to trying the presets. Hopefully one of them has the now world famous M@tt collapsing delay.

Ha, I was just in Germany. In fact I had just flown back from Düsseldorf airport two days before this video was shot. I was a bit jet lagged.

I had a great time in German and my heart goes out to the victims, their families and Germany for after yesterday's attack. I walked through them setting up that Christmas market too.

Thank you Larry!
That's very kind.
This year doesn't end very happy.

Nevertheless;
Have a great Xmas time and a happy new year!
Peace to all of you!

Kindly regards
Mike

I ran home at lunch and tried them!
They are all the most balanced tones, that I have never heard from the axe, before. Could be the IRs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom