New FAS Gear Day

So - I've had the Axe FX II XL+ for a month or so and have probably watched every YouTube clip and tutorial there is! I've messed with presets, scenes, X/Y, banks, song mode and built some live tunes to kick things off when we hit rehearsals next week for 2016 shows.

I've just taken delivery of 2 x FAS EV-1 expression pedals, hooked them up after watching Chris' tutorial (thanks Chris!) and - oh my word - how good are they! Simple volume swells now make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I absolutely now love the fact that I can assign either to just about anything! Wah's, volume swells, delay mix, delay rates, shimmer swells...the list goes on!

I have a crappy old Roland EV-5 that I was planning to ditch - hooked that up, calibrated it correctly and 'bam'! Another pedal to play with! Result.

I've also ordered a dedicated MFC 101 4 x external switch unit from Bright Onion and am going to assign that to scenes 1 - 4 for ease of live use.

Next will be to order the insanely cool KickTags and house the MFC 101 and all the pedals in a custom shallow flight case with lift off lid (or a lift out board - haven't decided yet) and am ready to go.

Only o/s is FRFR solution. The Mission Gemini 2 looks awesome but currently non in the UK to try. The guys from Mission are on it (super cool!) and we'll see what happens there.

Can't thank Cliff and the FAS team enough for developing these jaw dropping units. Am so, so happy!

Dave
Halifax
UK

So - I've had the Axe FX II XL+ for a month or so and have probably watched every YouTube clip and tutorial there is! I've messed with presets, scenes, X/Y, banks, song mode and built some live tunes to kick things off when we hit rehearsals next week for 2016 shows.

I've just taken delivery of 2 x FAS EV-1 expression pedals, hooked them up after watching Chris' tutorial (thanks Chris!) and - oh my word - how good are they! Simple volume swells now make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I absolutely now love the fact that I can assign either to just about anything! Wah's, volume swells, delay mix, delay rates, shimmer swells...the list goes on!

I have a crappy old Roland EV-5 that I was planning to ditch - hooked that up, calibrated it correctly and 'bam'! Another pedal to play with! Result.

I've also ordered a dedicated MFC 101 4 x external switch unit from Bright Onion and am going to assign that to scenes 1 - 4 for ease of live use.

Next will be to order the insanely cool KickTags and house the MFC 101 and all the pedals in a custom shallow flight case with lift off lid (or a lift out board - haven't decided yet) and am ready to go.

Only o/s is FRFR solution. The Mission Gemini 2 looks awesome but currently non in the UK to try. The guys from Mission are on it (super cool!) and we'll see what happens there.

Can't thank Cliff and the FAS team enough for developing these jaw dropping units. Am so, so happy!

Dave
Halifax
UK
If you are in the Uk i am surprised you did not check out matrix

The Gemini 2 is a stereo unit for circa £1200, I'd need 2 x Matrix Q12's at £810 each to achieve stereo and don't want to use a power amp in my FRFR solution. Am aware of the stereo separation of the Gemini 2 and that Matrix would prefer not to do a stereo cab. Mission one for me looks the more appealing solution. Other than that, it's 2 x QSC K12's, or RCF units, etc - none of which look like a cab and require a bigger footprint

How do you like the roland ev-5 compared to the fractal? I have one fractal expression, but I'd like to get more.

Back
Top Bottom