New Fanboy

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
So I bought an AXE FX Ultra last week and got it last Friday. Here are my opinions on this beast. A little history first, I have been playing since I was 10 or 11 and I’m 44 now, so it has been awhile; yes I should be better than I am for the length of time that I have played some think I am awesome, but I am humble and the dude upstairs keeps me that way, Enough about me. I have been interested in this piece of gear for awhile, but come on $2,000.00 dollars isn’t like coming out my but, if you know what I mean. I grew up poor worked hard; I’m now in IT and have done well for myself. So I decided Scott, you are going to take a few big leaps and buy this machine, I deserve it right I play a church somewhere every weekend, why not. I start my journey. I go to TGP, HRI, RIG and I go to Fractals own forum, WOW! Everyone is talking about, cool. I hear people who own it, can’t say enough good things to say about it. I hear the negative from people who owned it, sold it, people who don’t own it, and say that it can’t possibly be as good as a tube amp. So here is my opinion, Incredible. So without comparing it to a tube amp or other modelers, Al I can say is Wow! It does everything that I could possibly want and then some. What gets me every time is the thump associated with just thumping your thumb against the muted strings, if that makes sense. I know amps do this, my Mesa boogie stiletto ace does this and my new Axe FX Ultra does this as well, it makes me smile. I’m from the camp not to specialize in one style of music, guess I was hedging my bets on what style of music was going to stick. So I have learned as many as I can, which is why this Tool is probably the best tool for the job for me personally. I got the Axe FX last Friday as I said and it took me till yesterday to finally start auditioning different amplifier models, Incredible tonal variety, and it a two rack space no less. So for the uninitiated the on the fence the wishers and dreamers out there, please take my humble recommendation and save every stinking penny and plunge head first as I have just done, you will not be disappointed. So for my first post to any forum really hello and it’s nice to meet all of you.

PS. I do apologize if I have made a lot of grammatical errors English is my first language… :D

Welcome to the club! First post to any forum? Wow, that says something. You'll find a lot of good, helpful folks here. I do a lot more listening than talking and find I'm sucking up loads of useful information.

Thanks a lot. OK, I may have sent one a few on months ago on harmony central. I'm a bit forum shy, because I know the statements I write today will last until my great, great grand kids are around, and I don't want to look silly like all those girls on facebook with a beer bong in there mouth. I will try to contribute more though as I see the other side where if you don't say anything you don't add to the global consciousness of the internet, its one of those can't win for losing propositions. Get back to our toy I used it last night at practice and I was blown away by the sound quality of the device, I feel like i'm eating to much sugar or eating to much steak, you feel guilty for having such a nice device, of course i'm still waiting for the kitchen sink attachment. so in a nut shell I have gone from a fifteen space shock mount rack that I had to use a harbor freight lift to get in the back of my Ford explorer to a six space rack that I am trying to get down to four once I get a Art SLA2 or Cabinet with power amp built in. How do you post images from flickr?

Back
Top Bottom