New Factory Presets

jiggajewjay

Inspired
Any discussion around here regarding new factory presets for the non beta release of Quantum 2? Would love to see what FAS comes up with now that they have the magic sauce all up in the black box. ;)

The important amp parameters automatically update when you update the FW, so the current presets still work fine in most cases. As is ever the case, taste, guitars etc will vary, so your going to have to still make some tweaks to taste with new presets, or old presets, or Axechange patches etc

Generally most amps sound great just default though, pick an amp that has the basic tone you want, adjust BTMMv to taste, pair with a cab that sounds good.

Wait - so will the finalized release of the current beta have new factory presets, or will they update automatically?

Hey fremen ..... you are a preset God !!! :) :) :)

Can I please ask .... ?

-> do these 384 presets include a range of clean -> dirty-clean -> crunch -> rock -> hard-rock sounds -or- are they moslty geared toward harder-rock / metal tones ?

Thanks again,
Ben

I don't have a lot of dirty cleans/edge of breakup, however I'm an all rounder so yes, there's a bit of everything : cleans (I like my cleans... cleans, with some compression, however remove the compressor block and some amps will go on the verge of breakup), crunch, medium overdrive, heavy overdrive, metal overdrive and leads. presets using the /13, the VOX etc are what you would call dirty cleans I guess ?

I don't have a lot of dirty cleans/edge of breakup, however I'm an all rounder so yes, there's a bit of everything : cleans (I like my cleans... cleans, with some compression, however remove the compressor block and some amps will go on the verge of breakup), crunch, medium overdrive, heavy overdrive, metal overdrive and leads. presets using the /13, the VOX etc are what you would call dirty cleans I guess ?

Yeah for sure .... I also find / use AC 20, DC 30, "cooler" Plexi's, Maz 38, "cooler" Trainwrecks etc..... for cleans, pushed-cleans, crunchy, medium overdrive etc .....

Thanks again,
Ben

Are the presets for XL only?

Any discussion around here regarding new factory presets for the non beta release of Quantum 2? Would love to see what FAS comes up with now that they have the magic sauce all up in the black box. ;)

I would love that too, because I'm probably missing out some really cool stuff because of lack of knowledge, so I would very much welcome a new set of factory presets.

Sent a payment over! Looking forward to trying these out.

Edit: Oops wrong thread! I have too many tabs open it seems. That was directed @fremen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom