New Factory Presets - Axe-Fx II XL/XL+

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
There are new factory presets for the Axe-Fx II XL+ (and XL). These consist of Cliff's latest Bank A presets (previously released) plus newly tweaked versions of Bank B and Bank C. The presets in Bank B and C were treated as follows:

1. Changed/re-selected Amp block TYPE to "reset" the model.
2. Checked and adjusted levels using the VU meters.
3. Made a few tweaks along the way.

As time permits, I will work on converting for the Axe-Fx II original/Mark II.

Use Fractal-Bot to install these. You can download the set here:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloa.../8.0/AxeFX_II_XLPLUS_Factory_Banks_vQ8p02.zip

There are new factory presets for the Axe-Fx II XL+ (and XL). These consist of Cliff's latest Bank A presets (previously released) plus newly tweaked versions of Bank B and Bank C. The presets in Bank B and C were treated as follows:

1. Changed/re-selected Amp block TYPE to "reset" the model.
2. Checked and adjusted levels using the VU meters.
3. Made a few tweaks along the way.

As time permits, I will work on converting for the Axe-Fx II original/Mark II.

Use Fractal-Bot to install these. You can download the set here:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloa.../8.0/AxeFX_II_XLPLUS_Factory_Banks_vQ8p02.zip
Thanks @Admin M@

Can these be converted for the Mark I/II owners with FracTool? Or are there some things like Factory Cabs above #132 or 'X/Y' blocks, etc not in the older units?

So, I updated the new factory presets into banks B,C and D ( I keep bank A for my own presets).
Then I discover all my own bank A presets now don't have the correct user cab (global blocks) anymore. I had to go through all 75+ presets re-assigning the correct global block. What happened there??

Many thanks for all of your hard work Matt. Greatly appreciated. Especially for your work on the legacy products. \o/ \o/ \o/

Last edited:
So, I updated the new factory presets into banks B,C and D ( I keep bank A for my own presets).
Then I discover all my own bank A presets now don't have the correct user cab (global blocks) anymore. I had to go through all 75+ presets re-assigning the correct global block. What happened there??
That sounds like maybe one of the presets got saved with a global block in it...

I think I'll wait for @Admin M@ to respond before I load these as I use global cab blocks.

That sounds like maybe one of the presets got saved with a global block in it...

I think I'll wait for @Admin M@ to respond before I load these as I use global cab blocks.

A preset (with or without global blocks) can not and does not replace global data in another user's device. That only happens if the other user also downloads the acc. system data file. The factory presets do not include system data.

A preset (with or without global blocks) can not and does not replace global data in another user's device. That only happens if the other user also downloads the acc. system data file. The factory presets do not include system data.
Yeah... Duh!

I should have realized that from my recent experiences migrating from AxeFx II to XL+.

Back
Top Bottom