New EVH 5150III EL34 amp

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I saw this amp being reviewed in the new Guitar World. I was wondering if anyone has heard it in person?
I wonder how close the AxeFx 5153 would be if the virtual tubes were switched to EL34's?

For giggles i swapped out the tubes when I saw a video, not much difference really, wonder if there are circuit changes too.

For giggles i swapped out the tubes when I saw a video, not much difference really, wonder if there are circuit changes too.
The article said the circuits were built around the EL34's but they said everything was the same as the regular model. Don't know what they meant for sure.

I believe two things about this.

1) switching the tubes in the axefx won't be the change you're looking for because it's the circuitry change that makes the new amp uniqu
(Somewhere on the Forum Cliff has talked about his strong stance that tubes themselves don't have much of any effect on tone)

2) By messing with deep parameters within the 5153 amp block, you can get what this new amp will give you.

I saw this amp being reviewed in the new Guitar World. I was wondering if anyone has heard it in person?
I wonder how close the AxeFx 5153 would be if the virtual tubes were switched to EL34's?

There's a demo video on Sweetwater

Back
Top Bottom