New EV ZLX-112P

I'd like to hear how this speaker is working as well... ELX 112P...

love mine had my entire time with axe, no complaints, my room adds some boominess to I lower the bass global on the axe. I also like headphones and my equators, all represent well, so I think Im ok.

I got a ZLX-12P after selling my active CLR wedge (downgraded for lack of use and due to the fact I have to play at low volumes in my apartment complex)

Then I got one of these to try out today: Powered 12 Inch Coaxial Floor / Studio / Stage Monitor | Compact | Active Pro Audio 12 Inch Coaxial Speaker Monitor with Titanium Compression Horn Driver | 250 Watts RMS

Still have to put reliability and rehearsal volumes to the test but testing it at moderate volumes in my apartment made my decision easy, the ZLX is going back tomorrow...

That looks really cool, how does it stack up to the CLR? Do think it is a good option? You have my interest very perked.

I've only tested it at low volumes. I can't say it sounds the same... maybe somewhat boxier than the CLR but the bass and treble controls in the back help. I think that just the fact that it's coaxial makes it sound better than FRFR solutions with separate woofer and horn, especially at close ranges which is what I'm used to.

I can't speak for reliability or how the amp will hold up at high volumes... we'll see this weekend at rehearsal. It also carries a 1 year warranty and shipping was very fast.

I got a ZLX-12P after selling my active CLR wedge (downgraded for lack of use and due to the fact I have to play at low volumes in my apartment complex)

Then I got one of these to try out today: Powered 12 Inch Coaxial Floor / Studio / Stage Monitor | Compact | Active Pro Audio 12 Inch Coaxial Speaker Monitor with Titanium Compression Horn Driver | 250 Watts RMS

Still have to put reliability and rehearsal volumes to the test but testing it at moderate volumes in my apartment made my decision easy, the ZLX is going back tomorrow...

The floor wedge looks nice...but, the HF horn right in the middle of the MF?? that's new to me. I would how that works specially when you try to drive the system. Let us know what you find. I think I'm still going to pickup the ZLX because worst case, I can use it as a wedge or when I DJ, as a main.

I'm looking at the 15p which I'm guess is going to sound a little different than the 12p but was there any reason you didn't like the ZLX? Was it just too much?

Yeah, I'd like to do a full write-up once I have spent more time with it... too early to really call it a budget CLR although for my current needs it seems like a perfect solution.

It's not that I didn't like the ZLX, it sounded good, but the seismic sounded better, more balanced... at least for my application which is 90% high gain heavy metal (FAS Modern model).

The ZLX sounded a little more metallic, high end was more shrill... I played around with the EQ settings and found the POLE and MUSIC settings to give a nice low end thump (plus I also had it on a pole). Other EQ settings were too nasally and thin sounding.

That's another thing... the Seismic was easier to EQ... you don't have to navigate menus and such. Just raised the low and high a little and it sounded killer compared to both at 0...

Back
Top Bottom