New EHX organ pedal!

I always like their videos, then I get my hands on the pedals, and ... I like their videos.

Well fair enough for you but until the Fractal can do polyphonic pitch detection I'd say you ought not be so dismissive.

Most people here think it sounds impressive and would love it if the Axe Fx could do something like this (myself included). Hopefully Cliff will take a break from obsessing over amps for a while and he can look further afield to expand the tonal capabilities and applications for the Axe Fx.

Still no proper metering and Rotary block needs an update.

Last edited:
smilefan's v5 presets had at least two awesome organs (& more) that should still be featured in the Axe default presets (IMO).
I hope they were made without the rotary block, or I'm afraid they may not sound as good anymore.
Still hope to investigate and remake some day, if nothing better pops up...

Indeed, even in the Ultra days someone had a nice patch to switch between guitar and organ sound with an EXP pedal. Very cool and handy.

I always like their videos, then I get my hands on the pedals, and ... I like their videos.

I know what you mean, but still i respect ehx for their inovative thinking. But i wish they would listen to custommers like FAS, because there is often something missing in these great pedals that makes em hard to use.

I really like this pedal. But I don't have a desire to see this modeled.
Because creative manufacturers such as EHX earn and deserve their market share, to stay alive.
I really would not like to see Fractal "eat up" every available product.
If you like the pedal, buy it. :)

This statement astonishes me. The Axe-Fx II is a device that emulates other devices. You, of all people here, know that, and are the OP of a couple of "Mother of all pedal emulation" threads, which are compendiums of how to copy other people's devices. The Axe has hundreds of emulated devices inside--exactly why we all love to use it. They represent the creative output of many manufacturers.

So why are you suddenly drawing a line at this device? Face it--either all can be emulated or none. If you think it's okay to emulate a Cornford amp, but not an organ pedal, please explain exactly what the difference between the two would be.

BTW, I love what you do here and hate to post something this negative directed towards you, but I think you're wrong about this. In any case, I doubt very much that a $2,200 box is really eating up EHX's market in anything. Don't have access to sales numbers, but I'd be pretty sure that EHX sells huge numbers of pedals compared to Fractal.

Danny W.

Polyphonic pitch detection could be used for some awesome efx other than coping the EHX B9 or even a polytuner.

So I'd like to see where FAS would take us, with polyphonic pitch detection.

Anyone tested this already? As our keyboarder left us for a year to study abroad, I am highly interested in this to beef up a chorus or two.

How is the response? Is there a noticable delay? I don't trust commercial videos. ;)

I've had the B9 since the day it came out. To play like you see in their video would require a LOT of practice. You have to be super careful to not touch adjacent strings, don't pull your fingers up too quickly, etc. Pretty much anything you do creates a note. I put it aside for now as I have other things I'm doing, eventually I'll work more on it. One thing I can say for sure, if you try to play it like you are playing guitar, it will sound like crap.

I've had the B9 since the day it came out. To play like you see in their video would require a LOT of practice. You have to be super careful to not touch adjacent strings, don't pull your fingers up too quickly, etc. Pretty much anything you do creates a note. I put it aside for now as I have other things I'm doing, eventually I'll work more on it. One thing I can say for sure, if you try to play it like you are playing guitar, it will sound like crap.

What about where you hear him strumming chords with a mix of direct and B9?

What about where you hear him strumming chords with a mix of direct and B9?
Hard to say; there's mountains of reverb enabled there.

But that was exactly what I was asking about: demos will only tell you so much. Obviously, there ARE flaws to be found in this unit.

Pretty much anything you do creates a note. .... One thing I can say for sure, if you try to play it like you are playing guitar, it will sound like crap.

So, given that there are envelope filters and gates in the AXE FX, it may provide a more controllable version of a B9 emulator.

Back
Top Bottom