New EHX organ pedal!

This is a cool pedal that seems to be a natural extension of the POG technology..... VERY Cool.

I wonder if we could get close with a Pitch block and a Tone Match of a B9 recording?

Thoughts?

I might have a go if I can find a decent recording and some .time.

I would definitely love to have that capability to do this in the Axe. I can get a POG-ish effect with two pitch blocks and a volume block, but that is a lot to put together to get one sound. If we could get a block put together to output organ-esque sounds that would be fantastic!

I never can do this. First of all the synth block is not polyphonic.

The EHX pedal takes a mono guitar input signal.

The Fractal synth block has three voices.

But I'm not a DSP programmer, so I don't know whether or not the B9 could be modeled or not.

GAS'ing for the B9 either way! :) I always invent reasons in my head why I would need something cool like this... lol

The Fractal synth block has three voices.

Yes but the three voices doesn't mean it is polyphonic. You can't play more than one note on your guitar with the synth block.
I think this type of sound (as is 12-string guitars, sitars and banjos etc.) is beyond the scope of the Axe fx II. Maybe the Axe fx III if that ever comes.

What prevents me from buying any EHX pedal is their bad bypass. I have had five EHX pedals and tried some more. But to me they suck tone. Wish they had better bypasses or were true bypass. Because I really like the sounds some of the pedals have.

I really like this pedal. But I don't have a desire to see this modeled.
Because creative manufacturers such as EHX earn and deserve their market share, to stay alive.
I really would not like to see Fractal "eat up" every available product.
If you like the pedal, buy it. :)

Yes but the three voices doesn't mean it is polyphonic. You can't play more than one note on your guitar with the synth block.
I think this type of sound (as is 12-string guitars, sitars and banjos etc.) is beyond the scope of the Axe fx II. Maybe the Axe fx III if that ever comes.

I'm with yek in that there is room for everyone to help us make our beautiful noises :)

But the EHX takes a monophonic guitar input just like the Fractal. As does something like a polytune; where you can tune all strings at once.

So it is the algorithms that break up the input signal into individual notes for further processing. Something like the Melodyne editor for example.

I would hazard a guess and say the TigerSHARC has the horsepower to split the input signal into individual notes.

SMOP... simply a matter of programming... as they say :)

I really like this pedal. But I don't have a desire to see this modeled.
Because creative manufacturers such as EHX earn and deserve their market share, to stay alive.
I really would not like to see Fractal "eat up" every available product.
If you like the pedal, buy it. :)

I agree and disagree at the same time, one of the main reasons we all bought the Axe is to simplify our craft and adding this effect would be with really cool. OTOH I also agree that EHX comes up with really killer effect pedals and has with out a doubt cemented their spot in the market place.

I guess buying the pedal is the beter option as it is not really a main stream effect and would be used lightly by most.

I made a patch years ago (ultra) that sounded very close to this, the key is not to use synth, only pitch blocks, in parallel, and not only octaves, but also the other harmonics like a real organ drawbars. I don't have that patch anymore, but i think it could be greatly improved with tonematch in the axe fx II

I can get a far superior result using my Fishman triple play hex pickup assembly and any of my B-2 or any synth I have. I can play this through my Axe-FX II and even have it come out both as guitar and organ (or any other instrument on earth - even drums one two strings, bass on two strings and organ on stwo strings). This - with a looper is sureal.

Fishman Transducers, Inc.

Fishman is much better bang for the bucks - hands down

Yes, I noticed no note bending.
I know organs usually don't bend anyway, but still that usually is the weak point is vibrato n bends

Back
Top Bottom