New editor weirdness

Thomas Larsson

Experienced
The editor for 5,04b behaves weird.
1. If i bypass a cab (that's in mute bypass mode) it puts out sound.
2. If i bypass delayblocks in the editor they won't bypass in the axe.
3. The saved presetname won't show up in the editor.

It's really strange.

Some Beta testers had reported this issue with current editor build, but I'm not able to duplicate.
Which OS ?

I have noticed similar weirdness and others too where the changed/bypassed block in editor doesnt happen on the AXE, also name changes in editor doesnt always show up in the axe.
But still too random to make any proper bug report, will see if I can get any more structured details and report back from my tweaking later today

I just tried the editor and find a move something there is a delay or no sound change then move something else total sound change, I was mainly using the speaker eq on the amp block page. Moving the curve around, really screwed me up, delay and lag in response.

I have noticed similar weirdness and others too where the changed/bypassed block in editor doesnt happen on the AXE, also name changes in editor doesnt always show up in the axe.
But still too random to make any proper bug report, will see if I can get any more structured details and report back from my tweaking later today

This happens to me all the time too. It usually seems to happen when doing "deeper" editing, like maybe changing the amp type. Then you go to turn off a delay block, for example, so you can hear the pure tone and it won't turn off in the Axe even though it's off in the editor. Clicking it off on the Axe works fine. You can still save the preset and everything appears ok.

Another thing I've noticed lately is if you've got a preset that you want to save with the cab block on "Y" it won't do it if you've made some other edits. In fact, you do the save from the editor and all of a sudden your tone changes because the cab block changed to "x". Not a big deal once you know that it happens, but it screwed me up at first.

Tonight I was doing some moderate editing and upon doing "save as" (was wearing headphones) I noticed the level noticeably dropped and the tone definitely different. I reloaded the file to verify and it definitely saved the funky settings (causing me to start over). I also noticed some X/Y issue where if I edited the amp's EQ and changed to another preset, the EQ did not change as expected to the new preset's setting. On a side note I had issues with AxeEdit crashing A LOT so I adjusted with the polling parameter from 1mS to 10mS and no crashes tonight - maybe it's related, who knows.
Win7/x64 SP1

Edit: In trying to replicate the cab bypass issue I noticed if I set the bypass mode to MUTE, select another block then reselect the cab, it says bypass mode is THRU.

Last edited:
I've seen that. Using a Mac here. Doesn't do it every time, but bypassing a block in AxeEdit doesn't always bypass on the Axe. I have to hit FX BYP on the Axe to get it to take.

i noticed on the previous version of the editor that the gate settings were acting weird. clicking a value such as threshold, typing in a value, and hitting enter causes the knob to go to zero, no matter the value entered. after reading the many early reports of weirdness in the latest editor, i'm skipping 5.04 and its editor entirely.

OSX Lion
Similar issues here. Right after upgrading to 5.04b, I had trouble with the looper that was already in a preset (before the upgrade). It wouldn't mute. Visually it muted for a second and then umuted. I checked the Axe hardware and had similar issues. The solution was to delete the block and add it again.

Other times, I have trouble muting in Axe-Edit the first time I add a component. Again, not 100% reproducible. These types of problems aren't new but it seems to be much worse than previous releases.

PS I still use Axe-Edit and work around the issues. It's my primary means of editing. I try to report issues when I can.

Back
Top Bottom