New Dream Theater Coming

Man I hope they are retuning to their roots a little - the Astonishing, was astonishingly bad...
As a fan since 1990, that was a huge disappointment. Also - I kind of feel like ever since the departure of Portnoy, theres a little something that was lost. Mangini is great, no doubt. But I just feel like a little something is still missing. I'm hoping for the best with the new release !

I really liked "A Dramatic turn of events". wasn't a fan of Self-titled and I think the astonishing was an OK album. if it could be shorter it would be a better record IMHO. I am optimistic about the new record but I don't hold my breath on it. hope it delivers though :) I guess we shall wait and see...

Man I hope they are retuning to their roots a little - the Astonishing, was astonishingly bad...
As a fan since 1990, that was a huge disappointment. Also - I kind of feel like ever since the departure of Portnoy, theres a little something that was lost. Mangini is great, no doubt. But I just feel like a little something is still missing. I'm hoping for the best with the new release !
I'm a sfam sdoit and lte period fan, but I don't miss portnoy because I feel like his playing went downhill album after album

Alright people its that time of year look alive!

Ppl looking to buy some nice used JP guitars keep your wallet topped up over the next few months as fanboys unload to finance the latest incarnation.

Fractal, please make sure the "recordings" section of the forum is beefed up enough to take the pounding of covers of the album's showase solo. Same goes for "for sale" section.

You guys in the back complaining about the vocals - keep working it. Its bound to bear fruit sometime in the future, right?

I'll bring the confetti. I have heaps. Its made from all the DT tabs/music i have but dont have the skill to play

Alright people its that time of year look alive!

Ppl looking to buy some nice used JP guitars keep your wallet topped up over the next few months as fanboys unload to finance the latest incarnation.

Fractal, please make sure the "recordings" section of the forum is beefed up enough to take the pounding of covers of the album's showase solo. Same goes for "for sale" section.

You guys in the back complaining about the vocals - keep working it. Its bound to bear fruit sometime in the future, right?

I'll bring the confetti. I have heaps. Its made from all the DT tabs/music i have but dont have the skill to play

Quite funny and quite true.

I really liked "A Dramatic turn of events". wasn't a fan of Self-titled and I think the astonishing was an OK album. if it could be shorter it would be a better record IMHO. I am optimistic about the new record but I don't hold my breath on it. hope it delivers though :) I guess we shall wait and see...
I really dig the self titled. It sounds phenomenal, but the songs are pretty great too. It was a nice shift, but I wouldn’t be upset if they went back to their roots a bit.

I listened to the first single and ... got unimpressed, happened to me the same since quite some albums ago, before Portnoy's departure actually.

But I can't wait to see them in the 20th anniversary of Scenes from Memory, one of my favorites albums of all time, I was in the original Tour and a second one will be just amazing.

I originally lined up the tab alongside the album audio, but it got taken down immediately. Not sure why, considering my Untethered Angel and Fall Into the Light videos are the same format. Anyway:

I know I'm the minority, but they never really did anything for me. Stellar world class musicians, just not my listening choice. Appreciate what they do though.

Back
Top Bottom