New Dream Theater album this year? Hell ya.

Love all DT's stuff ( including MG on drums ! ).
Sure I hope Portnoy hooks up further on down the road but in a way I'm glad he took a break - Winery Dogs, O.S.I., Transatlantic, LTE are all mind blowing. Didn't care for A7X much but I guess am getting old !
Looking forward to hearing their latest release !
Remember way back when a buddy giving me a cassette with " Images and words " badly written on it - no idea what generation copy it was but it didn't sound great so I got the cd and boom - hooked !

"Guitar must sound like chocolate cake!"

I don't smoke pot, but hearing Dream Theater just gave me the munchies! That's a first.

Last edited:
Also, don't forget about their Luna Park Blu Ray coming out in November. Super stoked about that too!

Last edited:
They are such Rush fanboys! Nothing wrong with that......

Paul Northfield, Terry Brown & now Rich Chycki. They love using the guys that have been a big part of recording/producing Rush over the years.

I sure hope this one is better than the last. I was really disappointed in ADTOE, perhaps I t was the absence if MP in the writing process...

I sure hope this one is better than the last. I was really disappointed in ADTOE, perhaps I t was the absence if MP in the writing process...

Mike portnoy is great and all but Mike Mangini more than holds his own. I would attribute that to a lack of passion. It looks like they're going to put out a better vibe this time around just from this video.

I don't know, guys. My expectations for DT are low these days. The last several albums had more than a whiff of Malmsteenitis to them, in a sense that it's the same old regurgitated stuff. It's not bad stuff, mind you, but the variety is kind of lacking at this point.

Back
Top Bottom