New Deep Purple album for 2013

The video clip sounds like the best music they've produced for a while, I thought near the end it was breaking into ELP's Fanfare for the Common Man

Last edited:
Saw them with Journey 2 weeks ago. One of the best gigs I've ever seen... And mean ever. Don Airey was one of the biggest highlights. While he covers the Lord stuff incredibly well, he's really starting to put his own stamp on things which is awesome.

Journey started off the night and were so incredible that everyone I spoke to was wondering if Purple could top them. Arnel Pineda was awesome and Neil Schon was.... well Neil Schon... nuff said. Purple came out after the break and actually lifted it another notch. That band is amazing. I reckon they're one of the few bands that have actually gotten better with time, and not because of new players, but because the original guys are still pushing the envelope. Usually you see an old band and it's just some old guys reliving some former glory and going though the motions. I'd challenge any band of any age to leave as much on the stage as they did that night. Keep in mind Journey, weren't blown off the stage. They just set the bar incredibly high and Purple exceeded it. Can't wait to get my hands on the new album.

@onemoreguitar, great to hear the feedback. It's going to be a while till the tour gets to my neck of the woods.

come taste the band for a second time (with all due respect...) ;)

Well we haven't heard all of it yet 8)

On Come Taste The Band, at the time I agree it wasn't what you would think of as a DP album, but if listened to now as an album I actually like it. The 35th anniversary remix by Kevin Shirley is a good retake on it.

I think on CTTB the late and great Jon Lord, sums it up well on this interview.

Well we haven't heard all of it yet 8)

On Come Taste The Band, at the time I agree it wasn't what you would think of as a DP album, but if listened to now as an album I actually like it. The 35th anniversary remix by Kevin Shirley is a good retake on it.

I think on CTTB the late and great Jon Lord, sums it up well on this interview.

to be honest - I'm calling myself huge Tommy Bolin fan (not for his drug addiction, for his playing!) - I'm fully aware of the greatness in MK IV - but the new song seems to be another musical experiment regarding the songs you would expect on a purple album ;)

@pacocasanovas, it's all cool with me 8) after forty years with all the line up changes of DP, it's a great thing they are still evolving and have made so many recordings over the years.

I guess the songs and the definitive DP is different for each person. E.g. Glenn Hughes I like his singing and solo stuff etc, but for me Gillan is still the voice of DP. But then Burn, with Coverdale and Hughes is great too.

Back
Top Bottom