New computer suggestions?

If you don't mind not having some features like handoff and Messages (even that is kind of possible if you buy the exact right BlueTooth card). And if you don't mind staying a little behind on macOS releases (just wait for other hackintoshers to get latest releases working before you upgrade). If you don't mind that stuff you can build an amazing macOS-running machine for far less than anything you can buy from Apple. All depends on your tolerance for troubleshooting and having a non-working machine from time to time as updates break your non-standard hardware.

This is my experience:
-I have hand off and imessage working perfectly (i bought a bluetooth/wifi PCI card compatible, no need to use or modify kexts)
-I always run the latest macOS, just i have to wait one or two days until nvidia release the video driver (same on a real Mac)

i use Clover bootloader. Of course, you have to do some things to make it work perfect, but for me it's ok. I like to building PCs and installing OSs, for me it's just fun that process, some people don't like to do that and it's ok too.

Last edited:
I would say this is a characteristic of self-assembled PCs, not an OS-specific thing. I've seen Windows machines run for years that required no tampering, took updates, etc. But they were carefully assembled by Dell for the enterprise and Dell certified drivers and updates, etc. Which is what Apple does for you if you're running macOS on their hardware.

I think Windows gets associated with this kind of maintenance burden because it's so straightforward to build your own PC out of parts and put Windows on it. That's a powerful Windows plus if you ask me; ubiquity is wonderful.

Mine run forever but your point is well taken. I am not an ordinary user. I was in the tech biz for quite some time and also have been out for some time, but I do keep up and always will. Once you have the background it's easy.
But to your point, I agree.......Joe blow just throwing parts together and not having a clue about how things actually work is a recipe for disaster.

If you don't mind not having some features like handoff and Messages (even that is kind of possible if you buy the exact right BlueTooth card). And if you don't mind staying a little behind on macOS releases (just wait for other hackintoshers to get latest releases working before you upgrade). If you don't mind that stuff you can build an amazing macOS-running machine for far less than anything you can buy from Apple. All depends on your tolerance for troubleshooting and having a non-working machine from time to time as updates break your non-standard hardware.
cool

Back
Top Bottom