New CEBA covers 😊

If you’re looking for something to add some protection, just in case… these work great. The small peel & stick clear dots are basically transparent in normal light. I put one on each side of the screen, just to provide a bit of stand-off, so there’s no contact.

Attachments

• 4F093C84-69D5-4181-84B2-F30C582D9C0E.jpeg
    4F093C84-69D5-4181-84B2-F30C582D9C0E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • C40D3786-8986-43AF-A8FD-E637C72E14B7.jpeg
    C40D3786-8986-43AF-A8FD-E637C72E14B7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • E7EDA7C2-CF55-4A3B-94AA-3A31D8631A02.jpeg
    E7EDA7C2-CF55-4A3B-94AA-3A31D8631A02.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • 96ABAD53-29E8-4E2B-89D6-5163EF17D547.jpeg
    96ABAD53-29E8-4E2B-89D6-5163EF17D547.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I just used my CEBA cover from my FM3. Just had to cut out a small piece out to fit over the knobs. Now it works for both the FM3 and FM9. I was more interested in protecting the big screen so this is fine for me…

I promised photos. Life got in the way…. LOL….

Attachments

• C0B13BD8-D8FC-4A52-BF4F-5E6CE285E650.jpeg
    C0B13BD8-D8FC-4A52-BF4F-5E6CE285E650.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
  • A0280EFA-74A7-4B3B-8155-6982B2D43379.jpeg
    A0280EFA-74A7-4B3B-8155-6982B2D43379.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
  • 2916D2B1-2901-494A-8036-83BF7527DB56.jpeg
    2916D2B1-2901-494A-8036-83BF7527DB56.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 150
I’ve now experienced magnet rash after only a few weeks with the covers on my FM9 and only a few moves. So if you’re going to use this product I strongly recommend putting tape over the magnets if you want to maintain a pristine top.

I ended up using black labeling tape - the type from labeling machines - and cut small squares that are essentially invisible under the plexiglass around the magnet.

Last edited:
I'd probably end up selling the covers as part of the unit if I ever did as I included with my FC6 when I sold it a few months ago to upgrade to the FC12.

The buyer was more then happy with that.

I gig regularly with this stuff so if it isn't something dropping or falling on it, it will get bumped or scratched in some foolish way as one of the gifts of live music always gives to us, no matter how careful you are!

I’ve now experienced magnet rash after only a few weeks with the covers on my FM9 and only a few moves. So if you’re going to use this product I strongly recommend putting tape over the magnets if you want to maintain a pristine top.

I ended up using black labeling tape - the type from labeling machines - and cut small squares that are essentially invisible under the plexiglass around the magnet.
The magnets are press-fit into the cover, and can be pushed into it so there's no contact from the magnet to the chassis of the unit. That will take care of the problem very simply. Remove the cover, put it on a flat surface, like a table, gently press down on the cover next to the magnet and it will sit flat against the bottom of the cover. Do that for each magnet, then turn the cover over, and gently press against the magnet with your fingertip to push it further in. You'll be able to feel the magnet just above the surface of the cover on the opposite side. The side with all the magnets sticking out just a bit will be the top.

When you reattach the cover with the "bottom" side, there should be no clicking sound of the magnet contacting the chassis. If it is, remove the cover and push the magnet a little bit further into the hole and try again.

Those are very strong magnets, and they'll hold the cover very well without physical contact with the chassis surface.

I did this with the covers for my FM3, FM9 and FC6 and FC12, and have no problems with the covers moving or with any sort of rubbing.

I`m going to order the Ceba FM9 covers when things get a tad better as per shipping time. Being in Canada, I don`t want to be waiting forever.... to get them.

I`m going to order the Ceba FM9 covers when things get a tad better as per shipping time. Being in Canada, I don`t want to be waiting forever.... to get them.

You may be surprised. Mine were ordered on Nov. 7th and I ended up getting them by Nov. 30th in Canada. I was expecting to wait a lot longer. Timing was great because my FM9 arrived a week later.

The magnets are press-fit into the cover, and can be pushed into it so there's no contact from the magnet to the chassis of the unit. That will take care of the problem very simply. Remove the cover, put it on a flat surface, like a table, gently press down on the cover next to the magnet and it will sit flat against the bottom of the cover. Do that for each magnet, then turn the cover over, and gently press against the magnet with your fingertip to push it further in. You'll be able to feel the magnet just above the surface of the cover on the opposite side. The side with all the magnets sticking out just a bit will be the top.

When you reattach the cover with the "bottom" side, there should be no clicking sound of the magnet contacting the chassis. If it is, remove the cover and push the magnet a little bit further into the hole and try again.

Those are very strong magnets, and they'll hold the cover very well without physical contact with the chassis surface.

I did this with the covers for my FM3, FM9 and FC6 and FC12, and have no problems with the covers moving or with any sort of rubbing.
Good stuff, thanks!!

What about the rest of the plexiglass? Does that rub anywhere and create a rash?

Also, when you transport and gig with the FM9 and CEBA screens, does the magnets move in or out, meaning that you have to adjust the magnets again? Just curious. I just received mine and need to apply.

Any pre-installation tips or tips on removing the protective paper is appreciated. :)

Does that rub anywhere and create a rash?
Not that I ever saw. It's pretty well stuck to the top because of the magnets, and, actually, removing the plexiglass is kind of difficult because of the magnets.

Also, when you transport and gig with the FM9 and CEBA screens, does the magnets move in or out, meaning that you have to adjust the magnets again? Just curious. I just received mine and need to apply.
Nope, not at all.

It's conceivable that someone, somewhere, would pack something that would press against a magnet directly and embed it into the cover 1/16" or 1/32" I have mine at, but that'd be well out of my experience.

Any pre-installation tips or tips on removing the protective paper is appreciated. :)
Um… don't use steel wool, a file, sandpaper, industrial solvent, open flame or a heat gun, knives, forks, your teeth….

Not that I ever saw. It's pretty well stuck to the top because of the magnets, and, actually, removing the plexiglass is kind of difficult because of the magnets.

Nope, not at all.

It's conceivable that someone, somewhere, would pack something that would press against a magnet directly and embed it into the cover 1/16" or 1/32" I have mine at, but that'd be well out of my experience.

Um… don't use steel wool, a file, sandpaper, industrial solvent, open flame or a heat gun, knives, forks, your teeth….
LMAO!! Great tips. I put away the file. Thanks for saving me and for the laugh. :laughing:

I'd just chime in and say take a good look at your CEBA cover once you've removed the protective wrap as I had an order where the plastic had lots of imperfections and was cloudy, I had to have another one made for me.

I'd just chime in and say take a good look at your CEBA cover once you've removed the protective wrap as I had an order where the plastic had lots of imperfections and was cloudy, I had to have another one made for me.
That sucks. He had a bad run of plexiglass? Mine looks good. Thanks for the heads up.

Attachments

• IMG_4290.jpeg
    IMG_4290.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom