New CEBA covers šŸ˜Š

11/26 New FM9 CEBA Guards

KVMpKXC.jpg

i like the new Ceba guards for the FM9. Love them. I tend to use slightly smaller buttons, don't even remember wher I got them but they work for me.

Attachments

• FM9 Ceba n buttons3.jpg
    FM9 Ceba n buttons3.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 53
My new CEBA magnetic covers for my FM9 just arrived. Theyā€™re even better than I expected. Very high quality, and look cool imo. Then I added some black barefoot buttons (V1 minis) to complete the look I was going for. The buttons are just the right size as to not block the LED ring, and also have more than enough clearance to activate the switch with the covers on. Iā€™m very pleased šŸ˜Š

Just thought you guys might wanna check it out.
Are the button toppers for looks? Functionality? Both? Iā€™ve struggled the past couple of weeks playing live with reaching for a switch and either missing it, or not hitting it quite right. Iā€™m wondering if a little extra surface area to hit would improve things a bit.

Are the button toppers for looks? Functionality? Both? Iā€™ve struggled the past couple of weeks playing live with reaching for a switch and either missing it, or not hitting it quite right. Iā€™m wondering if a little extra surface area to hit would improve things a bit.
Yes, a little bit of everything I suppose. As the name would suggest 'barefoot buttons' (the brand I'm using) make the switches more comfortable for those that play barefoot, or in socks. Also, they increase the surface area making them easier to hit, and depending on the model increase the height too, which is good for harder to reach second row buttons, etc. In my opinion, they just look cool too, which is why I chose the smaller, solid metal black v1 minis. Lots of great options out there tho.

My new CEBA magnetic covers for my FM9 just arrived. Theyā€™re even better than I expected. Very high quality, and look cool imo. Then I added some black barefoot buttons (V1 minis) to complete the look I was going for. The buttons are just the right size as to not block the LED ring, and also have more than enough clearance to activate the switch with the covers on. Iā€™m very pleased šŸ˜Š

Just thought you guys might wanna check it out.
Yours is the Yin. Mine is the Yang. :)
9EB7DFEA-3C83-440A-AB68-5159E147B997.jpeg

@bluejazz3 how much was the CEBA acrylic and how long did it take Chad to process your order? I had them on my FM3 and FC6 guess I need to reorder!
11/26 New FM9 CEBA Guards

KVMpKXC.jpg
how much was the CEBA acrylic and how long did it take Chad to process your order? I had them on my FM3 and FC6 I liked the only complaint is the magnets will create a little rash over time.

anyone compare the CEBA footswitch topers to the Mooer Mushroom's? Just wondering, are the CEBA's are really worth $8.00 each they look nice and have set screws.

@bluejazz3 how much was the CEBA acrylic and how long did it take Chad to process your order? I had them on my FM3 and FC6 guess I need to reorder!

how much was the CEBA acrylic and how long did it take Chad to process your order? I had them on my FM3 and FC6 I liked the only complaint is the magnets will create a little rash over time.
Eww, I didnā€™t think about magnet marks/rash. Not sure I like that.

I thinking I'm going to see if I can use some furniture felt dots, just need some that are supper thin so magnet retains its ability to stick.
Yeah, I was thinking some small, clear round stickers might be enough to prevent any marring. Doesnā€™t have to be thick - just prevent metal on metal rubbing.

Hmmm...made me look.

No rash after about a year and half of use...and they do move around a bit sometimes. I don't think I'll worry about it.
Oh, interesting. Maybe itā€™s not such a big dealā€¦

The prices are quoted on CEBA's website; about $49.95 at the time they were on sale and $10 flat rate USPS shipping.

IIRC I placed my order on 10/29 and they arrived 11/26; about a month's lead time. The disclaimer on CEBA's website is comparatively clear...they are a small family business that produces these items individually and they have a decent backlog of orders on file. From the time I ordered to the time I received shipping confirmation, about 3-Ā¼ weeks...

If one positions the magnets and doesn't move them, there really shouldn't be any issue will any rash. My concern may be when it comes time to transport my Duo 34 and give it enough space inside the gig bag so the magnets won't move.

Based on what others have already said regards metal rash, if you have doubts, contact CEBA and ask. I'd personally not heard of this occurring myself before I ordered and I think the concern may be minimal.

EDIT: Just to be sure regards the metal rash, amazon or Staples has a package of 3M removable plastic ā…ž" dots (a little larger than I might need currently, but will do OK anyway). Will try this and see if the dots might provide protection against said metal rash. IIRC, the dots are adhesive on both sides, so positioning will be important from square one. Will give you an idea of what happens once these arrive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom