New Carvin pedal stereo power amp

Unbelievably small!
Ya know, I just went through their website and it seemed incoherent....like clicking on a chinese retail site with stuff, but not anything. I dunno but I love my Legacy 4x12 with vintage 30s....and I miss Carvin....

Reactions: ESW
I’ve been looking for a simple, small power amp like this. Most are about $400. This is a good deal.

I miss Carvin too. I wish they still produced mixers.

While I've been a Carvin user for more than two decades and still own a lot of their gear I don't see this one replacing my Seymour Duncan pedalboard amps.

It is cool for sure. But the damn power supply is probably larger than the pedal itself. Just like the Magnum 44.
The Duncan 170 doesn't have this problem no separate power supply.

I felt it was unusual for Carvin to put out something like this.

Indeed. They probably bought it from the same OEM, the enclosures and specs are basically identical. Thomann likely just bought 10x as many so they can sell it at a much lower price.

Be warned that those cheap Class-D amps are just that. They typically have terrible distortion and damping factor performance. You get what you pay for.

Yup. I've used 2 different Carvin amps with my and they both were far from neutral like they claimed. Added a ton of low mids and sucked out the highs. Just awful for guitar. My Hartke class D bass amp is a million times more transparent but I wish I knew why.

Yup. I've used 2 different Carvin amps with my and they both were far from neutral like they claimed. Added a ton of low mids and sucked out the highs. Just awful for guitar. My Hartke class D bass amp is a million times more transparent but I wish I knew why.
A lot of DV Mark amps, like their Jazz amps and also many of their bass amps also use class-D amplifiers. But they are not cheap, so I assume they just have a better design than these $90 pedals.

I thought Carvin went out of business after Kiesel Guitars replaced Carvin Guitars? I thought I remember them trying to sell the rest of their inventory but the prices weren't low enough to make anything worth buying. Carvin started selling crap that they re-branded like their AC120S power conditioner / sequencer.

I thought Carvin went out of business after Kiesel Guitars replaced Carvin Guitars? I thought I remember them trying to sell the rest of their inventory but the prices weren't low enough to make anything worth buying. Carvin started selling crap that they re-branded like their AC120S power conditioner / sequencer.
I love my AC120S !! lol Is it the the most expensive piece I own? No, but it sure is handy either using the sequencer or just simply having a switch for each piece of the rig, right on front. Sure beats crawling behind each CLR to turn them on. Love the price too, if it ever gives out, just get another! :)

Back
Top Bottom