New Caligula's Horse Single

samvallen

Hi All,

I'm in a Brisbane, Australia based progressive alternative rock band called Caligula's Horse. We've just announced that our sophomore album The Tide, the Thief & River's End will be released through Welkin Records on October 1, and we've released the first single, Dark Hair Down:

Caligula's Horse - Dark Hair Down OFFICIAL HD - YouTube

For fans of most things modern and progressive, we're influenced by the likes of Devin Townsend, Frost, Opeth, Steve Vai, A Perfect Circle and many more.

All guitar and bass parts were recorded with a bunch of different Axe FXs and Power amps (I've got a Mesa Simul-class and an Axe FX Ultra, and Zac, the other guitarist plays an Axe FX II through a Fryette 50 watt power amp).

Thanks for checking it out. Hope you all enjoy!

Good stuff! I just checked out your last album. Interesting and original music, good sound, and good performances all around. I'm buying it from your website today.

Random side note - if someone had played certain parts of "Silence" for me and told me that it was Steve Vai singing, I would have believed them.

Pretty interesting. Top notch production. Can't understand the vocals at all. And totally not heavy enough to headbang. Be cooler than that, yo.

I love this! Especially the vocal harmonies at about 3:30 mark. Guitars aren't hugely aggressive but definitely not weak. I like the sound they produce. Great work.

Odds are I'm imagining things, but I hear a mix of Steely Dan and Evergrey influence. Wherever it comes from, I like it!

Steely Dan are pretty much my greatest musical influence when it comes to melody and harmony, despite the practically unrelated genres. I love that you heard that! Lots of stolen Dan chords....

Really liked the tune, the sound and the influences! I heard a little Tool here and there, dash of Karnivool, and yes! Steely Dan! Hehehe. Keep it up guys! October 1st is the day!

...the scary video gave me some bad vibes...

Ditto - which complements my comment about the head banging. Essentially, it's colorful music. Why make it scary and thrashy looking? I guess you'd have to cache the lyrics, though. It would be for a good cause.

Back
Top Bottom