New cabs that came with firmware 13

I only spent about 5 hours with 13.02 yesterday. Had to downgrade and load all my old presets since I have a performance soon. I thought fw13 sounded more raw and a lot less produced then fw5.07. It's almost like all the imperfections of a tube amp were also there (undistinguishable from a real amp). In fw5 it's like an amp in an ideal setting.
Lots of changes since 5.07 & it may pay you to go read all the release notes from 5.07 on.

You may be able to get closer to ideal amps by checking out the "Modelling Mode" parameter - Amp (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Also couple of more points, and I am interested to hear ppls experience regarding this. When I create my sounds I always check how they sound in the mix with high quality backing tracks. I noticed that my patches with 5.07 blend in the mix very well and sound like part of a recording. My fw13 patches sat on top of the mix. Dist patches need to have lots treble ( even be a little too bright when when listening to it without the mix ) but still the patches did not blend in as well. I am a fan of plexi amps in fact I only used plexi treble for rhythm and plexi normal for leads for my drive patches. I also used fet boost on the rhythm patch and ts9 on the lead patch.

Did anyone else have that experience when the guitar did not blend in well and how did you fix it? Maybe some advanced parameters?

Not the Ownhammer ones, but the Guitarhack. They seem to have very scooped mids.

They can certainly work though.

They're indeed pretty scooped, too much in some cases (try them with the Engl sim....the mids go to the bottomiest pit of hell) but very usable for some specific styles recordings. I wouldn't use them live though, as you'll likely end up drowned by other instruments.

Back
Top Bottom