New Cab, who dis? FREE Orange 4x12 IR

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I got a new mic yesterday and decided to take a couple shots of my Orange 4x12. A good friend and Fractal user told me he needed some aggressive IR's slightly on the darker side since he uses bright pickups, heavy technique, and amps that tend to like darker IR's. So I tried a couple things and this came out. I haven't started officially shooting this cab yet, but I had a lot of fun chugging with this mix and thought I'd share it with you all. So far, I really like it with the Skull Crusher, Friedman H/BE, and USA Lead Mid Gain Bright.

I'm sure some would like it brighter, and some would like it darker, but I found that it responds well to basic B/M/T/P EQ'ing.

Have fun!

-Justin

Attachments

• YA 412 ORNG Free Mix.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Thank you my friend.....being off the road has obviously given you a chance to do some cool stuff....and see your family grow up a little.........

A darker Orange 4x12 IR set is definitely a welcome addition. I like the ones we've had in the factory set for ages now but they are very, very bright.

Looking forward to giving this a whirl tonight.

Thank you my friend.....being off the road has obviously given you a chance to do some cool stuff....and see your family grow up a little.........
Indeed it has. It's been great being home with my family and being able to create music and shoot IR's. Creativity is fun.

A darker Orange 4x12 IR set is definitely a welcome addition. I like the ones we've had in the factory set for ages now but they are very, very bright.

Looking forward to giving this a whirl tonight.

It's darker than my previous work, but there's still great clarity to it. I hope you dig it.

I still love the Orange 4x12 IR's I shot and we geeked over years ago. I'll give this a spin at some point buddy. I'm not sure if I'd call Orange cabs dark but the high end is rolled off almost like a low pass filter around 10khz so that definitely helps people with bright amp tones. Thank you for the freebie!

Very girthy and yummy. Keeper.
Oh yeah! TONS of low end girth, and clear on the top without the fuzziness. I’m actually liking the vibe across most of the amps I’m trying it with. My right hand technique is on the brighter side, so it’s working nicely. I’m glad it’s a keeper for you.

Thank you! Can't wait to try it out.
You’re welcome. I hope you like it. It’s made me really excited to explore the cab a bit more. I may post some more shots to get some feedback.

Just for my culture; which speaker ?
These bad boys are UK V30’s. I bought this cab because the year was right in my favorite V30 sweet spot era.

Is this IR compatible also with a n Axe-fx II? I kinda lost track of whether the III uses a different IR format, and this was posted in a III forum area...

(Second time is the charm right?)

Quick clip with this IR. I like that it's darker than the old legacy Orange IR. It's got some honk in the mid-range that's working really well with my default Rockerverb 50 preset I like for dirty Southern rock styles.

Edit: Preset is here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6870 -- Axe-Change says FW 2.0 but it was created with the latest 5.0 beta.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, Justin.

I´ve tried it with Friedmann an MKII C++ and also high sounding Pickups - i don´t think it´s to dark. But there´s something missing, it sounds to soft, to mellow to me, could have been more mids, more edged? I don´t think this IR could cut through a bandmix.

Last edited:
Here's a high gain clip with a Mark Series amp and the Free IR. I had a friend over last night and we took some more shots of this cab, and they turned out even better! I'm getting excited the more I dive into this cab.

All right ! Thx as always, man !

The newest Fender pack is outstanding btw !
Thanks man! I'm glad you're digging the Fender!

What Mic ya pick up?
I got a C414 condenser mic, hence the rounded low end on this bad boy! That mic is insane!

(Second time is the charm right?)

Quick clip with this IR. I like that it's darker than the old legacy Orange IR. It's got some honk in the mid-range that's working really well with my default Rockerverb 50 preset I like for dirty Southern rock styles.

Very cool! I'm picking up a little Gibbons vibe in there as well. Nicely done, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot, Justin.

I´ve tried it with Friedmann an MKII C++ and also high sounding Pickups - i don´t think it´s to dark. But there´s something missing, it sounds to soft, to mellow to me, could have been more mids, more edged? I don´t think this IR could cut through a bandmix.
Just turn up the Mids or Treble on your preset and you should be set. Also, don't forget to turn your Cab Block high cut all the way up.

Here's a high gain clip with a Mark Series amp and the Free IR. I had a friend over last night and we took some more shots of this cab, and they turned out even better! I'm getting excited the more I dive into this cab.

Thanks man! I'm glad you're digging the Fender!

I got a C414 condenser mic, hence the rounded low end on this bad boy! That mic is insane!

Very cool! I'm picking up a little Gibbons vibe in there as well. Nicely done, and thanks for sharing!

Just turn up the Mids or Treble on your preset and you should be set. Also, don't forget to turn your Cab Block high cut all the way up.

That Mark clip sounds amazing Justin , How are you recording that is it just USB of the Axe

Back
Top Bottom