New Cab Packs for BASS - Dr. Bonkers Silver & Black Collection

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Two new Cab Packs have been released in our store. The Dr. Bonkers Silver & Black collection for Bass includes IRs of some of the most popular bass cabs of all time. Whether your a studio or live bass player, or a guitarist just looking for a quick way to get great bass tone on your recordings, these packs are a great addition to your Cab Pack library.

You'll probably also recognize @dr bonkers from his many posts here on this very forum!

Check them out and learn more at https://shop.fractalaudio.com/Software_Downloads_s/54.htm

bonkers-both.png

Thanks Selta.

Also 7 or 8 string guitar players, people who seriously use lowered tunings on 6 string guitar, and Chapman Stick players may find these cab packs immensely useful due to nature of these cabinets and the mics I chose to capture the cabs.

can anyone post clips of unprocessed bass guitar running thru some of these new IR's? would be nice to hear what these sound like. Thanks!

can anyone post clips of unprocessed bass guitar running thru some of these new IR's? would be nice to hear what these sound like. Thanks!
Can you give me clarity on what you mean by "unprocessed"? Do you want clips of just bass -> amp -> cab presets? I can possibly toss together some when I have more time to work through the IRs.

Can you give me clarity on what you mean by "unprocessed"? Do you want clips of just bass -> amp -> cab presets? I can possibly toss together some when I have more time to work through the IRs.

Thank you for addressing this. I simply wanted someone to play/record and post a bass track thru the Axe FX with just a Bass Amp from the Axe as well as one of these new Bass cabs. No post processing, or crazy compression. just bass amp & cab. Thank you!

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, I won't get to making clips this weekend. Just far too busy with gigs and getting some recording stuff done that is higher priority. I'll try to do something this coming week or next weekend (finally, a whole weekend with no gigs!)

I pulled my right bicep tendon about a month and a half ago carrying the Hartke 4×10 up Fox Recording's 2 & a half flights of stairs. So I will be out of demo playing condition for another couple of weeks if I look at this optimistically. If anyone else who purchased the pack wants to demo or YouTube review it in the meantime, that would be awesome!

Updated presets compatible with Quantum 6.02 are available for download for both cab packs today.

This fixes an issue where previous firmwares were not as sensitive to speaker drive, so post this update all the old presets sounded like they had blown speakers.

Now they should be restored to their former glory.

Back
Top Bottom