New Cab Pack! OwnHammer - 412 MAR Vintage Green - Player's Pack

Hi @deleted
Without getting too deep, PayPal's policies are not compatible with our way of doing business. One could even possibly describe them as anti-merchant. You do have options though: you could use PayPal to order a Visa prepaid card, transfer the funds to a friend with a card, or apply for a PayPal visa.
You can also use your PayPal card just like a credit card

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, glad you're digging the pack! :)

<On a personal level, prior to releasing this pack, I was intending on making a section to the OH site bearing the title of 'holy grail', in reference to the PR-H55 captures from this session, as it, to me, fits that description in a ton of different tonal applications. I still may, when I have time, haha. Those close to me could corroborate this claim. :)
>

Kevin, we've never talked or spoken before, but as of today, I would happily publicly corroborate your "Holy Grail of Greenbacks" analogy. It is exactly what I said to M@tt when I auditioned these.

Been searching for perfect Greenbacks for many years. These are the best have heard so far in getting that real vintage tone with the vintage Marshall amp models in the AXE FX. Tres Hombres indeed. Well done sir, well done!

Kevin

Are these the same IRs as was previously available for the M75 and H75s in the MAR 212 CB pack.. I bought these following a recommendation by Scott Henderson on his website and have to say that they are my fave IRs of all time. I have literally replaced every preset I use with one of these. My fave is the M75 R121 05. Love it!

Very happy to hear they are working out so well for you! :)

According to THIS POST, Scott appears to be referencing the 212 MAR-66 Multi-Speaker Collection and 412 MAR-CB, the latter of which there is some overlap for two of the speakers in the 412 MAR Green Vintage Player Pack as outlined on the Player Pack Info Page, also accessible from the top section of the OwnHammer website. This Player Pack also contains 2 speakers not included in that library, those being the 55 Hz pre-Rola G12H and G12M, if that helps.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Hey guys
Iam playing through a Matrix 2x12 Cab with a Matrix 800 and Ax Fx XL + . Do any of you use the cab IRS
With a regular cab or do you turn them off in in the Ax Fx , Because this Ir pack sounds awesome
Thanks Jack

Using an IR with a real guitar cab is like using a real guitar cab, miking it up, feeding the mic to another amp and through another cab. The results are likely to be muddy.
Ok thanks Rex I've been playing with the ir sim turned off

Using an IR with a real guitar cab is like using a real guitar cab, miking it up, feeding the mic to another amp and through another cab. The results are likely to be muddy.
Ok thanks Rex I've been playing with the ir sim turned off , they will still be nice for the studio
Thanks

hi im using a mark2 axe fx with 1000gt matrix going stereo into a mesa 412,,should i turn off speaker emulation or leave it on?

I love this pack, for some reason it sounded muddy on my Mark II but on my XL+ sounds awesome. I like using a stereo cab with a room IR panned left -100 with a regular IR panned right +100 to give a 3D type of feel.
the only reason it would sound different on another unit is settings being different from one unit to the other.

The higher quality audio in the XL+ has better clarity therefore my patches don't sound muddy anymore with the OH IRs.
Aside from the lower noise floor, the Mk II and the XL+ sound pretty much identical.

I don't think there is a setting in the unit that could account for the difference across all my patches.
There are lots of settings that could account for differences across all your patches, including most of the global settings.

I guess it might have just been a global setting then if you are not hearing any difference between the two units. If your units sounded the same as mine I would be able to easily distinguish between them in a blind test.
I've been mislead by global settings before. Global EQ, for one, gets me frequently. I'll tweak it for the venue and then get home and start wondering why things don't sound right. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom