New Cab Pack! OwnHammer - 412 MAR Vintage Green - Player's Pack

This is exactly my kind of cab pack. A few very well selected and captured IRs rather than a ton of incrementally different IRs.

That is s great review and it demonstrates why I love this pack so much.
I can't wait for other player packs to arrive.
With this pack you just load it up and you're instantly ready for making music.

Where I normally rather use "H" speakers than "M"s, I'm not so sure with this library. I think I like the Ms better.

And I prefer the "75"s over the "55"s (H and M).

All mixes are usable. I especially like the ones with less prevalent top end, so that leaves me the FAT, SMOOTH, WARM and FULL mixes.

The top end is so natural in this pack, it's insane how well these sound in a full mix.
For my recordings I really dig the FWD myself, amazingly well balanced.
In my plexi demo I think I also used that one, a very natural and gentle top end.

However, for playing live I imagine the mixes you mentioned can work very well.

Maybe I missed it, but it doesn't seem to clearly state. Are these IR's just a repackage of the 412 MAR-CB shoot of the M75 and H75 in a more player friendly version? or are these complete re-shoots (not a real word, I know)?
Also, maybe for your future release include something comparable to the modern mix, just a suggestion...

Edit: purchased first thing this morning when I saw the release!

If it helps, that is addressed in the sections entitled "How are they similar and different?" and "Where do the libraries slightly overlap?". I also went into more detail just now here.

The feature set won't change on these, and the MDRN mix will always be available on the OH site based libraries. :) The "All" is a very cool mix, it has a modern flare in a sense, but it is extremely balanced, pleasant, and euphonic in how it sits up without being edgy.

Are there any Celestion black back collections out yet, I have an old 70's. blackback tan Marshall cab that is my favorite

As also noted here, there will at some point be a 412 MAR Black Player Pack library. Personally very excited to do more Marshall stuff, I seem to be a bit of a junkie there, haha!

I already have the OH Marshall UK collection which I love, but am I missing anything by not getting these?

Not a whole lot of parallel between those two, in this particular case, more similar to the 412 MAR-CB as mentioned at the bottom of ownhammer.com/support/playerpacks, which is where I will catalog relations between these and OH site hosted content.

Hope that helps!

This OwnHammer player pack is so good.
Every single IR sounds amazing and very well balanced, the feature set is also very versatile yet accessible.

Here are two demo's for this incredible IR pack:

The first one is a rock and roll tune, with the Plexi 50w Jump (Q7 beta 2).
The cab I used is the H75 speaker.

This one is an eighties hair metal track with a more saturated sound.
I used the Euro Uber amp (Q7 beta 2), also with the H75 (because that speaker sounds so great!)

What we all need to know is.. Do you have a matching flannel for each of your guitars? Sorry, could not resist.

Sounds fantastic. I've been gassing for some new IRs and this looks like the ticket.

A funny aside - I wasn't kidding when I said that I have had this on the drawing board for 3 years. I just found the first email I sent Matt about this, it's dated July 1, 2014. :)

Kevin can you give idea of how many packs there will be and a freq of releases that you are hoping for

I got to mess with these a bit last night and this morning. They sound amazing, no surprise, but the ease of use is my personal favorite aspect. I don't need a decoder ring while auditioning cabs to understand what I'm hearing. Great stuff.

Hi @deleted
Without getting too deep, PayPal's policies are not compatible with our way of doing business. One could even possibly describe them as anti-merchant. You do have options though: you could use PayPal to order a Visa prepaid card, transfer the funds to a friend with a card, or apply for a PayPal visa.

Very sad........any other 3th Party IR Shop offers Paypal - Payment.

So I won´t purchase this - sorry...........

How are these for super high gain and metal. I have found mesas just too dark in my setup.

Bought it yesterday ... killer stuff
I was rebuiding my banks and check amp with Q7.02 , then switched from my previous cab loaded in marshall ( and more ) amp style .
2 minutes and almost 90% of my patches have FWD fat and warm everywhere :))
Riffing with fwd is just a smash in the mouth of the listener
As I said ... killer stuff

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, glad you're digging the pack! :)

Kevin can you give idea of how many packs there will be and a freq of releases that you are hoping for

There will be a lot that I will be working on (at least 40+), though I can't say for certain how many we will decide to publish. I have a lot of things going on right now that are necessitating a lot of drudgery and back end work on my end, but once I get caught up and get into a groove, if my work weeks maintain any semblance of normalcy and all external factors line up with my scheduling I *should* be able to do about 1 of these a month. 95% chance the next one will be my vintage Hiwatt SE4123, just for something completely new that I've never released before.

How are these for super high gain and metal. I have found mesas just too dark in my setup.

The PR-H55 will have somewhat of a familiar feel to Vintage 30's (which are also 55 Hz cone, heavy magnet speakers, which is why even though they original plan for the Vintage 30 was to try to replicate the vintage Alnico Blue, using the same or similar materials to the H30 seemingly made the V30 very similar to it (source), but be 2-4 dB "brighter". At some point in the next month I will be doing some template based audio demonstrations, at which point there will be comparison clips on the OH site of new libraries, these and some new Mesas I'm working on being among them if you feel like holding out that long.

On a personal level, prior to releasing this pack, I was intending on making a section to the OH site bearing the title of 'holy grail', in reference to the PR-H55 captures from this session, as it, to me, fits that description in a ton of different tonal applications. I still may, when I have time, haha. Those close to me could corroborate this claim. :)

Kevin

Are these the same IRs as was previously available for the M75 and H75s in the MAR 212 CB pack.. I bought these following a recommendation by Scott Henderson on his website and have to say that they are my fave IRs of all time. I have literally replaced every preset I use with one of these. My fave is the M75 R121 05. Love it!

Kevin

Are these the same IRs as was previously available for the M75 and H75s in the MAR 212 CB pack.. I bought these following a recommendation by Scott Henderson on his website and have to say that they are my fave IRs of all time. I have literally replaced every preset I use with one of these. My fave is the M75 R121 05. Love it!

Not answering for Kevin, but I think that MAR 212 cab pack has both pre-rola Celestion 75 Hz G12M's as well as the the newer Scumback version. This new cab pack has just the pre-rola version (I believe the same exact speaker). Not sure of they are the exact same IR's (from the same shoot) though.

Back
Top Bottom