New Cab Pack! OwnHammer - 412 MAR Vintage Green - Player's Pack

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_OwnHammer_412_MAR_Green_Vintage_p/fas-801-0032.htm
412-Mar.jpg
Fractal Audio Systems is pleased to announce the release of a new cab pack from OwnHammer.

Cab Pack: OwnHammer 412 MAR "Green Vintage" - UltraRes™ is the first in a new series of "Player Packs" by OwnHammer, who also created some of the Factory Cabs in the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

Player Packs include perfect-crafted "Mix IRs" specifically designed to make it easy to find great tones without guesswork or extensive auditionng. At the same time, players who want to delve deeper will find a variety of options including single mic IRs in various positions.

412 MAR "Green Vintage" includes 80 Impulses based on a 1970’s Marshall™ 1960B closed back 4x12. The cab was re-loaded with four different types of speakers for four different sets of captures.

You will find "raw" .IR files for Cab-Lab, and another folder containing .SYX files for the Axe-Fx II (all models) or AX8. .Syx files are processed with Minimum Phase Transformation so they are able to mix perfectly with other IRs "in the box."

Reminder: it is illegal to share IR Mixes or Preset Bundles containing these or any commercial IRs.

Cabinet, Speakers & Microphones
CABINET: 412 MAR (Based on a 1970s Marshall™ 1960B closed back 4x12)

SPEAKERS:
  • PR-H55 (Based on pre-Rola 55 Hz cone Celestion™ G12H-30’s)
  • PR-H75 (Based on pre-Rola 75 Hz cone Celestion™ G12H-30’s)
  • PR-M55 (Based on pre-Rola 55 Hz cone Celestion™ G12M-25’s)
  • PR-M75 (Based on pre-Rola 75 Hz cone Celestion™ G12M-25’s)
MICROPHONES:
  • Shure™ SM57
  • Neumann™ U87 (vintage)
  • Royer™ R121
  • Telefunken™/Sennheiser™ MD421 (vintage)
  • Neumann™ KM84 (vintage – Rear & Room)
“-B” indicates a bright alternative position.
“-D” indicates a dark alternative position.

MULTI-MIC MIXES:
  • All - All six primary microphones mixed together.
  • Fat - Fat and thick lows and low mids.
  • Fwd - Forward and ‘in your face’.
  • Full - Full body with a lively top end.
  • Smooth - Smooth top end without excess low end.
  • Warm - Warm and full in the low mids and midrange.
This Cab Pack was produced and engineered by Kevin Rowe of OwnHammer.

Manufacturer and product names mentioned above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Fractal Audio Systems. The names are used only to indicate sonic and performance characteristics.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_OwnHammer_412_MAR_Green_Vintage_p/fas-801-0032.htm

This OwnHammer player pack is so good.
Every single IR sounds amazing and very well balanced, the feature set is also very versatile yet accessible.

Here are two demo's for this incredible IR pack:

The first one is a rock and roll tune, with the Plexi 50w Jump (Q7 beta 2).
The cab I used is the H75 speaker.

This one is an eighties hair metal track with a more saturated sound.
I used the Euro Uber amp (Q7 beta 2), also with the H75 (because that speaker sounds so great!)

Last edited:
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_OwnHammer_412_MAR_Green_Vintage_p/fas-801-0032.htm[/QUOTE]

Wow -- holy string benders Batman, these are GREAT!!! Balanced and well-mixed, with the RIGHT kinds of mids to my ears, and not too much top or bottom that crowds out the mids.

Have been on the "Holy Grail of Greenback IRs" search for many years...Think my quest has ended!

Was a fan of Ownhammer 4x12 Greenbacks in prior IR cabs they sold, and used that (mainly an "Eddie Kramer mix of a combination of M160, SM57, MD421, and a U87 room mic) to get that Jimi sound...but these are better overall, and will be slotted in full in my User Cab section on my XL and AX8.

My only wish was an inclusion of an M160 mic in this...but the mixes all sound good and I can work with the R121 to get close to where I would go with a M160. Right now, I like the "Full" Mix for both speaker sets.

Well done Fractal/Ownhammer! THANKS!

pre-Rola 55 Hz cone G12H/G12M
Awwwwe man!

I've been waiting for those "black backs", but they're only in the ownhammer $50/$100 collections so far. I only want those two speakers.

Killin' me...

Thanks guys! Awesome demos Jon! :) I'll return as soon as I can to the forum to write a little bit more, but briefly with what has been asked here:

Awesome announcement.

To clarify, are these all new IRs shot for Fractal audio, or is there overlap with other Ownhammer packs?

Thanks.

This is covered with fair length at ownhammer.com/support/playerpacks, which is also accessible from the OH home page at the top left.

Awwwwe man!

I've been waiting for those "black backs", but they're only in the ownhammer $50/$100 collections so far. I only want those two speakers.

Killin' me...

While most of the libraries I put out in this series will be a single library per cabinet, my vintage Marshall cab has a lot of magic in it, so it will see about a half dozen of these. One of them will be the "412 MAR Black", which will be like this one, but with the 70's black backs. I do not have any time estimates at this time, but it's on the short list!

I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I and those who have had early access to the files have, which would be quite a bit. Can't wait to press onward with these packs, being able to scale down the process and go over every small detail with a fine tooth comb, they are a lot of fun to put together, and I think a lot of that comes out in the files. :)

This is covered with fair length at ownhammer.com/support/playerpacks, which is also accessible from the OH home page at the top left.

Maybe I missed it, but it doesn't seem to clearly state. Are these IR's just a repackage of the 412 MAR-CB shoot of the M75 and H75 in a more player friendly version? or are these complete re-shoots (not a real word, I know)?
Also, maybe for your future release include something comparable to the modern mix, just a suggestion...

Edit: purchased first thing this morning when I saw the release!

Last edited:
Where I normally rather use "H" speakers than "M"s, I'm not so sure with this library. I think I like the Ms better.

And I prefer the "75"s over the "55"s (H and M).

All mixes are usable. I especially like the ones with less prevalent top end (for live monitoring, not for recording), so that leaves me with the FAT, SMOOTH, WARM and FULL mixes.

Back
Top Bottom