New Cab Pack! FAR FIELD Session 1

You guys are just filling me with more hope! I’m looking forward to the results of ‘the warehouse sessions’

I’m a Marshall type amp guy. Would these FF IRs work well with this tone or is it a taste intended for open back/fender type amps? I’m really curious but will wait for the next pack.

I’ve been keeping up with the thread over on TGP by JM.

I’m a Marshall type amp guy. Would these FF IRs work well with this tone or is it a taste intended for open back/fender type amps? I’m really curious but will wait for the next pack.

I’ve been keeping up with the thread over on TGP by JM.

Yep Cliff mentioned they were going to bring in 8 of their cabs to shoot
Hopefully 2 or 3 412 in there
Marshall GB Mesa v30 etc

Wow.. those 18 pages were interesting. I didn't know who Jay was until it was pointed out that he designed the CLR and I recognize ML from his posts on this forum. The thread gives me hope that there will finally be FF IRs that give the AITR feel or sound. The clips didn't do much for me because I didn't run them thru my Xitone at volume. I'm still confused as to why ML got some tough love from Jay. I'm assuming there's a history I'm unaware of ( and don't want to know). But I still felt that ML's questions never got answered, at least in a way that I could understand.

What I'm confused about is how FF would be used direct to FOH or on recordings unless it was mixed with a NF IR. I envision a use where the FF IR is used for stage monitoring or home enjoyment but NF IR's used to go to the FOH to sit in a mix. OR...a blend (which may have been Jay's A).

Anyway, it's awesome that we may be getting closer to AITR stuff thru a FRFR. But I did love Cliff's Captain Obvious statement: "If you want amp in the room, just run it thru a guitar cab".

I think it was more about ML challenging Jay in his field, probably not a good idea since the guy almost wrote the book on this stuff. ML is good at what he does but could probably learn a thing or two from Jay if he was a bit more humble about it. That was my take anyway.

I think it was more about ML challenging Jay in his field, probably not a good idea since the guy almost wrote the book on this stuff. ML is good at what he does but could probably learn a thing or two from Jay if he was a bit more humble about it. That was my take anyway.

Things get pretty dicey over there on TGP forum boards huh?

What would be really sweet, is if ML, YA, OH, etc.... got busy and applied what Jay was preaching and developed the same thing. It looked like he was giving the recipe away and saying the same thing....go try it. Of course, you need space, or whatever, so that may limit the IR production. I'm looking forward to Fractal's next offering.

Things get pretty dicey over there on TGP forum boards huh?

What would be really sweet, is if ML, YA, OH, etc.... got busy and applied what Jay was preaching and developed the same thing. It looked like he was giving the recipe away and saying the same thing....go try it. Of course, you need space, or whatever, so that may limit the IR production. I'm looking forward to Fractal's next offering.

Yes they do!

I agree about the IR's as well. If it was me, I participate in that thread and try to extract as much info from Jay as possible. I figure a lot of what he's saying he usually charges for. Take the info and run, make some FF IR's, be first to the table and capitalize on the opportunity.

Yes they do!

I agree about the IR's as well. If it was me, I participate in that thread and try to extract as much info from Jay as possible. I figure a lot of what he's saying he usually charges for. Take the info and run, make some FF IR's, be first to the table and capitalize on the opportunity.

Fractal ie Cliff definitely seemed to take an interest in it who knows maybe he and Jay talked offline

This pack is what I was looking for. It sounds great mixed in with close irs.

I typically have my fav close ir in cab 1, and cab 2 is usually setup with two far field irs panned either side to emulate a stereo ambient room.
For the studio environment, I get excellent results with this setup with a blend to taste.

I think this would be THE best place to record IRs without any refections jeje.

The problem is that most (if not all) of these rooms are too small. To get the far-field signal from a 4x12 you need to be a long distance away from the cab. Cliff knows the math, but if I remember correctly it needs to be in the range of 10 or maybe even 20 meters. Most anaechoic chambers are less than that.

I have the two packs, Far Field Session 2 and Cab pack 1. The FF Session 2 works fine by itself and in my opinion it improves the feeling "amp in the room" but the Cab Pack 1 which I recently bought does not quite work by itself as if the captures were more distant.
Is it possible for one Pack to complement the other? mixing both I have obtained good results in some cases ... I would like to know your opinions regarding this ...

Sorry about my English, I'm not a native. Greetings Fractals !!

I have the two packs, Far Field Session 2 and Cab pack 1. The FF Session 2 works fine by itself and in my opinion it improves the feeling "amp in the room" but the Cab Pack 1 which I recently bought does not quite work by itself as if the captures were more distant.
Is it possible for one Pack to complement the other? mixing both I have obtained good results in some cases ... I would like to know your opinions regarding this ...

Sorry about my English, I'm not a native. Greetings Fractals !!
Cab Pack 1 is almost 8 years old... I'm sure it's not UltraRes IRs and there are (according to this post) some "pseudo far field IRs" in the pack:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-pack-one-wellspring-sound-now-available.68676/

Cab Pack 1 is almost 8 years old... I'm sure it's not UltraRes IRs and there are (according to this post) some "pseudo far field IRs" in the pack:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-pack-one-wellspring-sound-now-available.68676/

I think he's talking about this cab pack since this is the relative thread

Fractal Audio Systems is proud to present FAR FIELD Session 1, an UltraRes™ Cab Pack containing 94 Impulse Response files in both SysEx and .IR formats.

This pack features a variety of captures in “far field” configurations. In comparison to a traditional near field IR, a far field IR offers a different sonic signature. In the near field, sound waves behave in a complex manner and are hard-to-predict. Small microphone movements in the near field can have a huge effect on the sound, making each individual IR less characteristic of the overall source. In the far field, the sound waves at a distance have grown larger and more consistent, with more diffuse and even tone as you change positions. Since we normally don't listen to guitar speakers at very close range, far field mic placements can sound interesting and even familiar. Use far field IRs on their own, or in combination with other IRs.

In this pack, the captures are labeled A through G, beginning as on axis and become increasingly off-axis.

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/far-field-session-1-ultrares-cab-pack/

You can use this pack with any UltraRes™ compatible product from Fractal Audio Systems including Axe-Fx III, FM3, AX8, and Axe-Fx II running Ultra-Res compatible firmware.
View attachment 54732

Anyway, I think the session 2 pack is superior cuz IRs have far less room reflections and a proper far-field IR should have none.
Fractal initially decided to sell #1 and give #2 away for free, but it should be the opposite imho.

Creo que está hablando de este paquete de taxis ya que este es el hilo relativo

De todos modos, creo que el paquete de sesión 2 es superior porque los IR tienen muchos menos reflejos en la habitación y un IR de campo lejano adecuado no debería tener ninguno.
Fractal inicialmente decidió vender el # 1 y regalar el # 2 de forma gratuita, pero debería ser todo lo contrario.
Si opino igual, el Session 2 es mas “plug and play”

Really wish Fractal would release a third FF pack to add some needed variety. Thought they mentioned planning a new FF pack in the future, but that was a long time ago.

อย่างไรก็ตามฉันคิดว่าเซสชัน 2 แพ็คนั้นดีกว่าเพราะ IRs ที่เหนือกว่ามีการสะท้อนของห้องน้อยกว่ามากและ IR ระยะไกลที่เหมาะสมไม่ควรมีเลย ตอนแรก Fractal ตัดสินใจที่จะขาย # 1 และให้ # 2 ไปฟรี แต่มันควรจะตรงกันข้าม imho

You are a genius!

Back
Top Bottom