New Cab Pack! FAR FIELD Session 1

I tried your exact set up and I don't hear amp in the room. In fact what I heard was pretty messy. So I'm not sure I'm hearing the same thing you do. Can you post a short clip?

I also find that Normal Res kills the bottom end. I don't think that the Normal Res use is just truncating the tail. It affects the low wend seriously.

Please post a clip.

I tried your exact set up and I don't hear amp in the room. In fact what I heard was pretty messy. So I'm not sure I'm hearing the same thing you do. Can you post a short clip?

You have CLR's as well or Neutral FRFR's? I can post a clip (once I can get some time to record), though that will be the Axe-Fx III is putting out - the other half of the equation for an amp in the room sound is the playback system.

Note I'm playing neck position single neck sounds with that patch.

What do you mean by "messy" exactly?

I also find that Normal Res kills the bottom end. I don't think that the Normal Res use is just truncating the tail. It affects the low wend seriously.

Please post a clip.

It's not truncating per say. It properly windows it (i.e. transitions smoothly towards 0 at the tail.

Last edited:
You have CLR's as well or Neutral FRFR's? I can post a clip (once I can get some time to record), though that will be the Axe-Fx III is putting out - the other half of the equation for an amp in the room sound is the playback system.
Note I'm playing neck position single neck sounds with that patch.
What do you mean by "messy" exactly?

It's not truncating per say. It properly windows it (i.e. transitions smoothly towards 0 at the tail.

I have both D&B Wedges and Meyersound speakers, so I'm not worried about the quality of my playback system.
I'd love to hear what you're hearing when you have the time.
"Messy" is a euphemism for crappy. It sounded really bad. I was playing with a Parker neck pickup. But a good preset should sound good no matter what guitar or pickup you use - generally speaking.

Understood on the mis-use of truncating. My observation was just that using normal res kills the bass in the IR

It's often difficult to translate a preset from maker to user. Even simple ones.

Ok, bought it and did a quick test run:

WOW, just WOW! Loaded the AC20 IRs of the A positions, equally mixed all 3 mics and it sounds just fantastic with everything I throw at them. Tested clean, crunch and high gain, also sounded like I was standing in front of an 1x12 cab with my setup (Matrix GT1000FX into a Matrix FR212).
I really hope there will be some 2x12 or 4x12 pack(s) as I'm primarily a high gain player (although this pack might change that ;) ).

Just a little update:
The 2x12 Brownface IRs sound absolutely crushing with high gain amps and some volume.
Speaking of volume, these IRs seem to be a little quieter than all the other (near field) IRs.

Here's a clip with the USA C++ and a close mic'd V30 IR, then the same IR blended with one of the Nuclear Tone 160 shots, then the Nuclear tone FF on it's own. I'm really enjoying the blend - bring on some 4x12 FF's!

Sounds cool almost like a bit of verb on it
I second the 412 request :)

I have both D&B Wedges and Meyersound speakers, so I'm not worried about the quality of my playback system.
I'd love to hear what you're hearing when you have the time.
"Messy" is a euphemism for crappy. It sounded really bad. I was playing with a Parker neck pickup. But a good preset should sound good no matter what guitar or pickup you use - generally speaking.

Understood on the mis-use of truncating. My observation was just that using normal res kills the bass in the IR

It's often difficult to translate a preset from maker to user. Even simple ones.

This is what my Axe-Fx III is putting out:

Purchased! ...but still cannot download it.

Why does it take so long? All vendors have instant availability of their products after a PayPal payment is made.
This has been happening here for me with some regularity, with the PayPaL option . Dunno why, but its not too long, but still unusual

-looking to improve the jazz tone
-Used the first 2x12 brownface with the crown 160.
-On its own, it sounds thin...no bottom end...not too much high end
-mixing with the cab i’ve been using...interesting
-will need some time to experiment but...
-it made the mid range pop...and better than trying to eq the one speaker
-hmmm...usually these experiments are mostly problematic...this could be good? :)

This is weird. I can listen to Leon's clip but not yours. I tried 3 browsers and same thing. :mad:
So I’m away on a medical trip and I could listen to this. Not bad. I still hear some phaseyness that’s a little annoying but not bad. Definite hear the amp in the room thing you mention.
Further experimentation required.

So I’m away on a medical trip and I could listen to this. Not bad. I still hear some phaseyness that’s a little annoying but not bad. Definite hear the amp in the room thing you mention.

Try dimming the room mic relative to the close mic. At some point you hear a nice balance that doesn't sound phasey, just physically present. That is what I shoot for, generally.

-looking to improve the jazz tone
-Used the first 2x12 brownface with the crown 160.
-On its own, it sounds thin...no bottom end...not too much high end
-mixing with the cab i’ve been using...interesting
-will need some time to experiment but...
-it made the mid range pop...and better than trying to eq the one speaker
-hmmm...usually these experiments are mostly problematic...this could be good? :)

Try any of the T30 D IR's - For example, 2x12 Brown Super FF T30 D.

Try any of the T30 D IR's - For example, 2x12 Brown Super FF T30 D.
Okay, thanks, will do! :)
Oh, I imported all the far fields into the user area, one at a time...what a chore. I read the manual but couldn’t find how to grab them all...

Yeah, I would think that phase with these is going to need to be aligned. You are blending mics from two different distances from the source.

Back
Top Bottom