New Cab Pack! FAR FIELD Session 1

So I got this pack.

Looking at the impulse responses - they definitely have energy beyond 20ms, so can I make a suggestion?
Could you offer a version of the IR's windowed to around 20ms in a separate folder maybe? For us far-field purists, pretty please? :) I could do it myself, but it'll be a bit cumbersome to do so.

Gave these a quick spin. Actually I didn't even know what to expect so I'm just going to share my experience. As is to be expected the tones sound far away and I'm thinking these may sound cool on an FRFR setup. You don't get the proximity effect of having a close mic which means that the low end most people are used to in "regular IR's" will not be there. I would say that the low end is generally shifted more to the low-mids around 200hz-350hz rather than 90hz-125hz where you'd normally have it. That low mid area is usually the dominant frequency in the IR's and the high end is lower in volume. I have no idea how they'd sound in a mix context but I do recommend FRFR guys to try these out and how they sound on their setups.

Last edited:
So I got this pack.

Looking at the impulse responses - they definitely have energy beyond 20ms, so can I make a suggestion?
Could you offer a version of the IR's windowed to around 20ms in a separate folder maybe? For us far-field purists, pretty please? :) I could do it myself, but it'll be a bit cumbersome to do so.

Interesting idea. You'll probably need to do that yourself though.

Can anyone at FAS or who owns the pack tell us exactly what we get?
Doing the math it should be 84 single IRs. What are the other 10 (the description says 94)?

So I got this pack.

How do you truncate the IR?

With what tool? How do you load an Ultra Res IR in anything but the Axe FX or Cab Lab?

Ahhh... well you have to first make an impulse response of a patch in the Axe-Fx. Such a patch could be as simple as IN_U->IR Player->OUT 1 and use your favorite DAW to "reamp".

I can then load the resulting capture in octave (https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/) where you can deconvolve (depending on the input signal you used) and window the resulting IR then save back into a wav file and import with Axe-Edit III.

Like I said.. cumbersome but doable.

Ahhh... well you have to first make an impulse response of a patch in the Axe-Fx. Such a patch could be as simple as IN_U->IR Player->OUT 1 and use your favorite DAW to "reamp".

I can then load the resulting capture in octave (https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/) where you can deconvolve (depending on the input signal you used) and window the resulting IR then save back into a wav file and import with Axe-Edit III.

Like I said.. cumbersome but doable.

Oh Lord! I'm far too lazy to do this. I'd rather make a wish for Cab Lab to include a "truncate" tool in the [TIME] window. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom