New cab block question

That’s too bad. Anyone else feel like it would be extremely useful to have individual cuts? For example I like to use one ir just to dial in cab thump, sometimes the back mic. Anyway it helps a bunch to aggressively lo pass the one ir, then use moderate cuts on the main.. just one example.

thinking loud, not sure but: linear phase EQs use alot of CPU, and the way you want to use different cuts on different IRs will change the phase of both IRs unless you use linear phase EQ. This might be a problem since the Cab block already uses alot of CPU. And it would also add latency to Cab Block.

Last edited:
There's always a catch!

You can split the signal into 2 raws before the cab block. and put on each raw a filter or parametric eq. pan one hard left, other hard right. and merge them into the cab block. if you hard pan the IRs in the Cab block than there wont be phase issues as long as you listen back stereo.
if you do mono and try this suggestion, i would like to know if you get any phase cancellation or not. even with phase cancellation you might still like the result. like in real world micing up a cab...

That’s too bad. Anyone else feel like it would be extremely useful to have individual cuts? For example I like to use one ir just to dial in cab thump, sometimes the back mic. Anyway it helps a bunch to aggressively lo pass the one ir, then use moderate cuts on the main.. just one example.
Why not just use CabLab for this?

Because you would have to purchase the IR's separately to use them in CabLab, outside of the AxeIII. There's no way to export an IR from the AxeIII to CabLab.

I believe you can capture and export any ir using tone match although I haven't tried it, and yes I have cab lab and my eq method above works great hence my inquiry. It would have been so nice to have this built in though.
Interesting idea about splitting the signal. I wonder though, does the filter block not have the same phasing issue. I need to read up on which blocks have latency. It seems every time I try to think outside of the box latency rears its head.

Back
Top Bottom