New BOSS Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal

The wireles-ification of everything is mostly unnecessary and just adds more points of fragility to your setup. This is a solution looking for a problem.

There. I said it.

My expression pedals sit close enough to the things they control that the wires aren't cumbersome and have me looking to replace them. And BT doesn't let me move it far enough away from my gear to be that useful.

There's a DC power jack on the back. But...how else do you think the electronics would function?

Lol. No of course I know that. Its just that in a reflex I think: wauw, the last cable gone.. and then it sinks in. 😂

To me, the beauty of this pedal isn't the wireless setup, is the MIDI integration with the FM3. If I can get it to work with the TRS to 5-pin DIN then that could mean freeing up the onboard ext switch jacks to potentially use up to 3 dual-switch units (2 with the FM3 onboard jacks + 1 with the Ev1).

For $150 that's a "Hell Yeah!" in my book.

To me, the beauty of this pedal isn't the wireless setup, is the MIDI integration with the FM3. If I can get it to work with the TRS to 5-pin DIN then that could mean freeing up the onboard ext switch jacks to potentially use up to 3 dual-switch units (2 with the FM3 onboard jacks + 1 with the Ev1).

For $150 that's a "Hell Yeah!" in my book.
Check out the Expression IO... You can connect up to 4 standard expression pedals via midi:

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

Check out the Expression IO... You can connect up to 4 standard expression pedals via midi:

https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

Yeah, already checked that and sure it's nice, really liked the features, but adding shipping (to Mexico City) and taxes it's about $250-300 plus the expression pedals...

TBH I would've really liked an FC-6 and forget it, real estate is not that much of a concern as I already have a Templeboard Duo 34 laying around, the real problem is my official dealer asks about $800 for it and $1k plus for the FC-12. Previous history buying BOSS with multiple dealer networks here tells me that maybe I will find this pedal for about $180, $200 max, and I can get those Mosky Dual Switches for about $10 to $15 here... Already tinkered my way out of managing my scene switching onboard. This pedal seems pretty much what my setup needs.

I did mine long ago (originally built to drive an Adrenalin pedal) converting an old VOX way to midi
It is not wireless but has full midi capability including TRS jack to add more switches
It work like a charm with the FM3
Plus I have 4 stand in switch my Board as no pedal port is used on the FM3
It is based on a midi CPU board for 30$ on which I wrote the code
EDIT
Forgot to say that I power it on 12V directly from FASLINK XLR

Attachments

• A1D90FDA-E5AD-407E-B8B1-625B1A1AA8CD.jpeg
    A1D90FDA-E5AD-407E-B8B1-625B1A1AA8CD.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
  • B72CF9BA-7B39-455B-947B-813E3D3BF599.jpeg
    B72CF9BA-7B39-455B-947B-813E3D3BF599.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 28