New bed..... Sleep #

1poorplayer

Power User
Well , tonight will be the first night with the new Sleep numba.
Used the Tempur , Stearns and Foster , even tried purple.

The wife hasn't been sleeping well , and I suffer from a bad back.

Here it goes. I'll either wake up feeling crippled , or refreshed.

I’ve used them in hotels. They’re not bad. The divider in the middle bugged me. Sleep well!

Thanks! - me too - hotels. We've got 2 twin xls ( not Fred and Wilma style ) 2 adjustables frames together , to form a king size with a single headboard.

Well.......I woke up with my left arm numb. My "80 year old back" , ( as the doctor described it ) caused me to set the NUMBER on the - low side ( soft ) , which I'm guessing allowed me to squish my arm on the left side of my body.
Have to see what day 2 , or umm ....NIGHT 2 - brings.

Well.......I woke up with my left arm numb. My "80 year old back" , ( as the doctor described it ) caused me to set the NUMBER on the - low side ( soft ) , which I'm guessing allowed me to squish my arm on the left side of my body.
Have to see what day 2 , or umm ....NIGHT 2 - brings.

oh oh... I thought we were all up all night pounding F5 keys anyway these days and sleeping were optional ;) :D

Been sleeping on one of those for 10+ years. My sleep number is 100. Mrs. Geeze is 85 (sleep number not age). Sleep number bed and electric blanket on the chilly winter nights is slumber heaven.

If it doesn't work out, do yourself a favor and try out an icomfort bed. The best purchase I have ever made without a single doubt. If I had to choose between keeping it or getting an Axe 3, the bed would stay!

.....the pinched arm migh
Been sleeping on one of those for 10+ years. My sleep number is 100. Mrs. Geeze is 85 (sleep number not age). Sleep number bed and electric blanket on the chilly winter nights is slumber heaven.

100 !? , GJ , you know you could have saved a lot of money and just picked up a sheet of plywood !
Joking of course , but that is seriously ...hard.
My wife had hers set so low , I think she was in single digits. I looked over at her in the night and I thought she fell through.

.....the pinched arm migh

100 !? , GJ , you know you could have saved a lot of money and just picked up a sheet of plywood !
Joking of course , but that is seriously ...hard.
My wife had hers set so low , I think she was in single digits. I looked over at her in the night and I thought she fell through.
Yea... I tried concrete but wore off too much skin.

I have a bad back and neck, and about the only thing I can sleep on comfortably is an old-school waterbed. And not the fancy waveless kind...just a simple heated bag o' water in a wooden frame. I know a lot of people really like their Sleep Number beds, though.

I tried a sleep number in a Seattle hotel for a few nights. I couldn't find a setting to save my soul...worst mattress experience outside of the couple of hotels where I slept in my clothes so I didn't have to touch the bedding.
I seriously miss my old school water bed. I got tired of having to patch it due to the goat heads my dog kept bringing in.

My wife and I got one as a wedding present 8 years ago. I sleep pretty well on a night to night basis, but it’s not perfect. Every so often I wake up with a sore back, but it’s hard to say whether or not that’s due to the bed. I will say though, that transporting the thing is super easy!

I am kind of interested in those Casper mattresses — anyone got one of those?

I have a bad back and neck, and about the only thing I can sleep on comfortably is an old-school waterbed. And not the fancy waveless kind...just a simple heated bag o' water in a wooden frame. I know a lot of people really like their Sleep Number beds, though.

The wife used to have a waterbed ( when she was young ) and claims this is the closest. She too loved her waterbed.
With the foam layer on the top , theoretically , the ability to adjust the "give" under the foam should be ideal.
We'll see.

Tempurpedic has been pretty good for my wife and I. I do feel as though it makes muscles lazy, i.e. work less. I definitely move less in that bed than any other. The right frame makes a huge difference!

After 10 years, ours has started to wear out. I'd like to try the 4" Purple, but don't have the $$$.

Tempurpedic has been pretty good for my wife and I. I do feel as though it makes muscles lazy, i.e. work less. I definitely move less in that bed than any other. The right frame makes a huge difference!

After 10 years, ours has started to wear out. I'd like to try the 4" Purple, but don't have the $$$.

My S and F memory foam bed was good about 6 years. I ordered the purple mattress ( with the big EGG TEST ) Top couple inches were soft , then got hard.

Update : saga continues.
Called sleep # today and said I wish the top layer of foam was a tad thicker ( or softer , deeper , etc ) , to provide more actual cushion above the air Chambers.
Her reply was , "Oh , well I can send you a 2" layer of foam that goes on top of the air Chambers and under the pillow top , at no charge. That should make all the difference"
o_O
I wanted to say , Why didn't it come with the bed ? For the record we got the split king ILE.
Looking forward to the extra foam .lol.

Back
Top Bottom