New bass day Yamaha BB735a

bondsong

Experienced
fullsizeoutput_771.jpeg Just bought a new bass. Yamaha BB735a. I've been looking for a 5 string with P/J configuration and this one is really nice for the price. Has an active/passive switch and a very nice active EQ circuit which makes it very versatile for recording which is what I need it for. I haven't recorded it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it soon.

How does it play? I recently bought a new TRBX305 and the setup it came with was absolutely horrible. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the action even close to factory specs without an insane amount of fret buzz. My luthier friend ended up having to reseat and glue nearly all of the frets that weren’t seated all the way from the factory. After all of that, a level, recrown, and setup, I finally have it where I want it and it plays beautifully.

How does it play? I recently bought a new TRBX305 and the setup it came with was absolutely horrible. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the action even close to factory specs without an insane amount of fret buzz. My luthier friend ended up having to reseat and glue nearly all of the frets that weren’t seated all the way from the factory. After all of that, a level, recrown, and setup, I finally have it where I want it and it plays beautifully.
It plays great. We unboxed it at the store and checked it out. It was set up quite nicely from the factory. It's possible at some point it may need setup because I'm not sure how different the climate is here from where it was made,(Indonesia) or how long it's been in Vancouver before I bought it. But the way it is now, is very playable and the other 2 versions I played of it in the stores earlier were quite playable although the guy at the store adjusted the truss rod on the first one I tried.

Back
Top Bottom