New Bass Day: Pedulla content

selta

Power User
Pedulla basses should be pretty much self explanatory. Pretty much the epitome of fretless tone.

16178900_10154798035266276_5545675078404997590_o.jpg

Just received it a few minutes ago. Going to let it really acclimate overnight, then do a setup on it. This is my dream fretless... I'm so damn glad to finally have it.

Congrats. Nice one! I had a Pedulla Buzz 4 string fretless for a very short time. Really liked the sustain and the looks but I couldn't get used to the body shape when sitting down. The lower horn is too small for me.

Congrats. Nice one! I had a Pedulla Buzz 4 string fretless for a very short time. Really liked the sustain and the looks but I couldn't get used to the body shape when sitting down. The lower horn is too small for me.
I agree with that. It digs into my thigh if I play seated.

Looks like there is a good chance you have the same pickups i have in my custom 4 string(just in a 5). Are they active or passive? Let me know how you like them cause I love mine.

I agree with that. It digs into my thigh if I play seated.

For me it was more that the bass was sliding away when I played seated and therefor I tended to cramp to hold the bass in place. I always play without a strap at home. Standing it was no problem. After 25 years of playing I don't feel like adjusting to a bass anymore as for ergonomics is concerned. It has feel good right away. Also the sound of my fretless Wal is more my kind of sound.

But still I love these Pedulla's. I bet this 5 string sound great...

Last edited:
Looks like there is a good chance you have the same pickups i have in my custom 4 string(just in a 5). Are they active or passive? Let me know how you like them cause I love mine.
I'm pretty certain Bartolini doesn't make active pickups at all, just active preamps. These are the standard pickups that Michael has been using since... forever haha.

I'm pretty certain Bartolini doesn't make active pickups at all, just active preamps. These are the standard pickups that Michael has been using since... forever haha.
They do make some active pickups, I think with Pedullas they specifically are. Saying this knowing how many people confuse active pickups with passive pickups + active preamp circuit.

Quick look at their site, nothing on the J or P pickups, but the Soapbars section of the site says:

"The soapbars also have an integral straight gain preamp." which would make them active pickups.

They do make some active pickups, I think with Pedullas they specifically are. Saying this knowing how many people confuse active pickups with passive pickups + active preamp circuit.

Quick look at their site, nothing on the J or P pickups, but the Soapbars section of the site says:

"The soapbars also have an integral straight gain preamp." which would make them active pickups.
Neat. I don't keep up with Barts much, only in fretlesses (otherwise, I don't at all care for how they sound and avoid them). I popped open the control cavity, and the pickups are just two wire, so passive.

Thanks :) I did another couple of recordings with it tonight, but nothing I'm allowed to share :(. Soon I'll crank out another quick track to demo another one of your IRs.
You are a prince amongst men. Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear them.

Back
Top Bottom