New band for old-timers/Zeppelin fans: Greta van Fleet

Here's a video of them playing live!

Great sound...awesome guitar, drums, bass and vocals too, I bet Robert Plant and Jimmy Page would have a smile on their faces listening to them play. Check out the drum solo, the drummer is a mix of John Bonham and Animal from the Muppets! I don't think there is any doubt who their favourite band is!

Let's hope these guys will influence a younger generation and this is the start of a rock'n'roll revival!!

Last edited:
It's too close.
If you sound like Plant...awesome, good for you.
But regurgitating his style just because you sound like him is lame in my opinion.
The entire band (except drums) is a Zep clone. That drummer doesn't get close to Bonzo.
It's not original. They might as well be a cover band.

Just heard of this band on Eddie Trump about 3 weeks. They sound great, though exactly like Zeppelin. They are pretty close to high school age, too, so maybe they will add a spin of their own as they mature.

Plenty of of zep tribute bands out there personally I really liked zepparella with Anna Kristina as the front gal!

These kids are having fun and playing good old rock and roll which is pretty cool! These guys are keeping records alive which makes me happy and keeps me employed!

These kids are having fun and playing good old rock and roll which is pretty cool! These guys are keeping records alive which makes me happy and keeps me employed!

This.

Hey, it's a blatant ripoff. But it's pretty well done. Producer wise...I'd like to see some key changes as they seem to rely on the same riff for every song (yes...many do it...)

They show promise...not bad on this stuff:

This.

Hey, it's a blatant ripoff. But it's pretty well done. Producer wise...I'd like to see some key changes as they seem to rely on the same riff for every song (yes...many do it...)

Agreed! I'm bet'n that the vocal style will change a bit as well for this very reason but the overall tember of the sound will probably remain.

I think White Stripes did the same thing when they first started. The guitar player has the whole sloppy page thing down and it's actually refreshing to see and hear.

I don't know. If it wasn't cool when Kingdom Come did it, why is it now?

Not sure but things go in cycles just like everything it rehashes itself. I always thought KC was pretty good but it had way more of an 80's vibe to it than this.

They get dinged for ripping off Zeppelin, but how many people do you know who could actually do that with their own material?

Last edited:
This.

wOW...Led Zeppelin right there:eek:. That guys nails the voice. Is that a Friedman amp?

Back
Top Bottom