New AxeFx II Video Clip..Gainier Mark Day

It's not the tone , it's the faces ... Does the Axe-2 come with a Mark Day face sim yet ?. I'm having trouble emulating those expressions, I imagine that it only comes if you're in the same room as the Axe-2 :)
As always Mark, you are the best Axe-2 salesman around.
For fear of muddying this thread, ( your pm's are full) Mark may I ask which tremlno version you went with pin or clamp for you Gotoh Floyd ?

CHeers

I believe it is the one with the pin :) Thanks for the kind words

Mark

Mark, were the wire cutters on the desk there to symbolize the "cutting off" the unnecessary midi and audio cables for direct recording? ;-)

Sounds great! I really liked your White Lion reverb as you callled it. As far as the comments that it doesn't sound any better than the Gen1, I can hear better note seperation albeit subtle but I can still hear the improvement and that's listening to it via Youtube.

Now THAT'S more like it!! Fat, grithy, chirpy. Great balance of warmth and cut. I hear more
little string details on that Axe II clip than on Mark's Gen I videos. I'm really impressed the Axe II
can do direct recordings of that quality. If I wasn't sold before, I am now. When is Mark going to
start getting some commision for all the Axe's he's responsible for selling? :0

Just killer Mark!

Last edited:
Now THAT'S more like it!! Fat, grithy, chirpy. Great balance of warmth and cut. I hear more
little string details on that Axe II clip than on Mark's Gen I videos. I'm really impressed that Axe II
can do direct recordings of that quality. If I wasn't sold before, I am now. When is Mark going to
start getting some commision for all the Axe's he's responsible for selling? :0

Just killer Mark!

Thanks smilefan! I sure wish I could take this back to Canada with me when I leave tomorrow...DAMN!!!!!!
I can tell you I would be making a ton more clips while I'm waiting for Immigration.

Mark

Mark

Mark, were the wire cutters on the desk there to symbolize the "cutting off" the unnecessary midi and audio cables for direct recording? ;-)

Sounds great! I really liked your White Lion reverb as you callled it. As far as the comments that it doesn't sound any better than the Gen1, I can hear better note seperation albeit subtle but I can still hear the improvement and that's listening to it via Youtube.

Hehe, I was breaking strings :)

I don't think Rob will give it up...lol.

Mark

Steal it and flee to the border..Mark Day fugitive posters on the forum!! :D

I would love to see a few more of your demos with nothing used but the AxII, just to give a true representation of how the unit sounds recorded straight out of the box!

Mark...

Very nice!

What was that thing you did at 3:03??? What exactly where you doing there to get that sound???

Brian

Mark...

Very nice!

What was that thing you did at 3:03??? What exactly where you doing there to get that sound???

Brian

If you do that hammer on/pull off thing at the open, 2nd, 4th fret on the 3rd string while dragging your right hand on that same string it will produce a harmonic thing and you will get that sound :)

Mark

Sounds great. The Tremol-no is a pretty cool little device isn't it?

Just reminded me that I need to route just bit out of my N4 to clear it when I'm diving to stupid degrees or it bottoms out a bit.

Great Mark!! You will get many visitors and stalkers when you get settled into Tone Merchants. You should do an Axe Fx seminar,but only if you get treated with the respect you deserve from Fractal and Tone Merchants!!

Yea sounded kinda plastic for example the sound when pic hits the strings (not the note itself) is the same in every digital processor when recording direct. Going through power amp and speakers should mush those artifacts away though.

Great playing and nice effects!

Last edited:
I would say that deeming it "digital" is implying that something is wrong with the digital medium, be it inadequate bit depth or sample rate, or the algorithms themselves. It stands to reason, given the quality of the converters and the detail with which Cliff has written his algorithms for the Axe (both I and II,) that it's something else, and I'm not so certain that that "something else" can only be delegated to digital processors.

Agreed, great playing Mark. Dug it. :)

Last edited:
I would say that deeming it "digital" is implying that something is wrong with the digital medium, be it inadequate bit depth or sample rate, or the algorithms themselves. It stands to reason, given the quality of the converters and the detail with which Cliff has written his algorithms for the Axe (both I and II,) that it's something else, and I'm not so certain that that "something else" can only be delegated to digital processors.

Agreed, great playing Mark. Dug it. :)

No, you've got me wrong. If Fractal have produced a "digital replica" of valves and tube amp simulation, (as they also claimed with the Ultra, I believe), I'm all ears. It's just that I don't hear valve warmth whatsoever in this demo. Ice-pick digital-cold. I would love to have said the opposite because I've ordered an Axe 2. To date, of the demos available of the Axe 2, only the tape echo clips have seriously impressed.

Looks like the quality of our monitors is a non-issue if you can pull that off with your macbook speaker like thingies. (I just bought some killer Dynaudio BM15A's, maybe I should just use my laptop speakers instead so I can be like you - LOL) I bet even you were surprised when you heard this through real speakers. Fun stuff Mark - "Muchas Gracias" (<- Some So Cal talk for you there)

No, you've got me wrong. If Fractal have produced a "digital replica" of valves and tube amp simulation, (as they also claimed with the Ultra, I believe), I'm all ears. It's just that I don't hear valve warmth whatsoever in this demo. Ice-pick digital-cold. I would love to have said the opposite because I've ordered an Axe 2. To date, of the demos available of the Axe 2, only the tape echo clips have seriously impressed.

But what tube amps are you comparing this demo too? "valve warmth" on what valve amp? "Ice Pick"??
I have a Vox AC15 if you want to talk about "Ice Pick" from a tube amp!!

My solution, change the original valves to a set of JJ's..perfect!

I get out what i put in..what you hear from the demo's are what have been dialed in, if it's not your thing then dial out the harshness you don't like, if you cant/wont do that then it's not the product for you. :)

Last edited:
thought it sounded pretty close to the 80s "hair metal" kind of tone he's going for. That'd always be harsh on the ears to some, I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom