New AxeFx II Video Clip..Gainier Mark Day

amazing, will you be my brother? seriously anytime yer in Northern Cal! I hope you will start posting yer patches to the axe edit (new axe 2 ones) thanks.

Great stuff, great playing, but to my ears, it sounds as good as the Ultra...not better. I know you can't expect day and night between Axe 2 and Ultra since the Ultra was and still is an amazing processor. Now, the feel might be better, but the improvement in this area since firmware 11.0 satisfied me. In fact, I think Mark, Scott or Larry could record stuff with the Ultra making you think it was recorded with the Axe 2 and a lot of you guys would makes comments like " Holy shit, sounds awesome, a lot better than the ultra!!" Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure the Axe 2 is a step forward, a big one, and further developpement will make it better everytime. What I'm saying, is that, for me, right now, my Standard sounds great and I don't feel the need for a change!

Great stuff, great playing, but to my ears, it sounds as good as the Ultra...not better. I know you can't expect day and night between Axe 2 and Ultra since the Ultra was and still is an amazing processor. Now, the feel might be better, but the improvement in this area since firmware 11.0 satisfied me. In fact, I think Mark, Scott or Larry could record stuff with the Ultra making you think it was recorded with the Axe 2 and a lot of you guys would makes comments like " Holy shit, sounds awesome, a lot better than the ultra!!" Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure the Axe 2 is a step forward, a big one, and further developpement will make it better everytime. What I'm saying, is that, for me, right now, my Standard sounds great and I don't feel the need for a change!

If you were playing through this box right now...you would want it, no hype, no bullshit just a fact :)

Mark

It's a youtube video. You won't really know until you play one for yourself. If you're happy with your Standard, there's nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!

Awesome vid Mark-Thanks! I have to say, though, that some of those facial expressions make me wonder if you maybe aren't about a half a bubble out of plum. :) Love that tone!

Awesome vid Mark-Thanks! I have to say, though, that some of those facial expressions make me wonder if you maybe aren't about a half a bubble out of plum. :) Love that tone!

I have never once stated that I wasn't a few ants short of a picnic :)

Mark

It's not the tone , it's the faces ... Does the Axe-2 come with a Mark Day face sim yet ?. I'm having trouble emulating those expressions, I imagine that it only comes if you're in the same room as the Axe-2 :)
As always Mark, you are the best Axe-2 salesman around.
For fear of muddying this thread, ( your pm's are full) Mark may I ask which tremlno version you went with pin or clamp for you Gotoh Floyd ?

CHeers

Last edited:
sounds good! First video where i notice you have the Aldrich pups in, very noticeable form the active ones. Did you make the swap due to the classic tunes you guys do not quite needing the over the top tone the blackouts give or what was the rationale for the change.

Great demo of the high gain tones, I don't play that style of music myself, but you make me want to :)

Back
Top Bottom