New AxeFx II Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few Ultras sold high close to the Axe II announcement date.
At least a few folks have Axe II beta units.
Therefore: any unit that sold close to the Axe II announcement date must have been owned by a beta tester.

~Anyone can do this with any data fragments and then convince themselves of the veracity of their speculations. The Shaolin/Buddhists call this type of mental wave the "think/prove circuit". It's been getting folks in trouble for thousands of years. Just because you are clever enough to think/project into an idea doesn't make it so.

I put my Standard up for sale once I saw the countdown. I was not a beta tester nor did I have knowledge of what was coming. But I had a feeling....

Have you read the label on the mfc-101 - it is labeled expansion port. It was originally designed for that purpose.

I won't ever have any need for an expansion module for the MFC, but I wonder how you could run it if the RJ45 port on the MFC is now being used as an "IN" from the Axe?

I won't ever have any need for an expansion module for the MFC, but I wonder how you could run it if the RJ45 port on the MFC is now being used as an "IN" from the Axe?

The expansion would have 2 RJ-45 jacks and you would actually plug that into the Axe-Fx II and the MFC.

The expansion would need and in and out or you would have to use midi on one.

A few Ultras sold high close to the Axe II announcement date.
At least a few folks have Axe II beta units.
Therefore: any unit that sold close to the Axe II announcement date must have been owned by a beta tester.

~Anyone can do this with any data fragments and then convince themselves of the veracity of their speculations. The Shaolin/Buddhists call this type of mental wave the "think/prove circuit". It's been getting folks in trouble for thousands of years. Just because you are clever enough to think/project into an idea doesn't make it so.

First, I'm not "assassinating" anyone's "character" Mitchell - that's ludicrous.

Second, when you say your sick of hearing people's opinions, which they should be entitled to whether you disagree or not, and threaten to take some kind of action for expressing them - need I say more about that? However, I probably should have said "people" and not "beta testers". I guess I made the assumption that the only people who knew in advance were beta testers, and that's not a valid assumption. But "character assassination"? The drama!

Scotts:
Third, it's not the 4 sales in the 72 hours prior to the countdown that's suspicious, it's the lack of sales prior to late April that's suspicious. I sold my Ultra on eBay (late) but have no regrets about it. I lost money but it was worth every penny to own it. I had the option to sell early on in the countdown and get what I paid for it. I chose to wait because I didn't know what was going to be announced. I looked at the completed listings on eBay a week and a half ago and they were almost if not non-existent when I looked while contemplating selling my unit. I failed to make that point.

I attempted to retrieve the old completed listings but they cut off at 2 weeks, so now I can't document how many sold before two weeks ago (not that I care really but I'd like to fill in the missing details).

Forth, your logic leaves out a few things, but that's my fault.

-A few Ultras sold high close to the Axe II announcement date.
-At least a few folks have Axe II beta units.
I would add:
-I assumed that ONLY beta testers had the ability to find out in advance that a new hardware unit was going to be released. (They never told any of their friends, wives, kids, etc. and nobody at another company involved in production could have found out). Bad assumption.
-Very few units were sold on ebay prior to late April, then just before the countdown a bunch went up for sale.

With those pieces of information the conclusion becomes logical:

Therefore: SOME OF THE UNITS that sold close to the Axe II announcement WERE ALMOST SURELY owned by *someone* who was tipped off, but not necessarily and probably not by a beta tester.

My intent was not to question anyone's integrity, and I should have simply said "someone" and left the beta testers out of it. My bad. Actually my point was that *someone* found out. Who I don't know other than eBay names which I produced.

I don't share the belief that there was some kind of "conspiracy" among those "in the know" to dump units, but I still believe based on what I saw on eBay that someone (whoever - I don't care who, and I apologize to anyone who beta tested that took it personally) was tipped off, and like I said, units were sold off on a *limited* scale.

It's not a big deal until moderators start telling me I can't express my opinion. Then I feel compelled to set the record straight.

Redact "beta testers" and insert "someone".

Enough time wasted on this if ask me. Products age, new ones come out, the old ones aren't worth as much in terms of $$$ anymore. That's life folks. I didn't complain, I said I saw "nothing unfair" as I recall.

Last edited:
"Enough time wasted on this if ask me. Products age, new ones come out, the old ones aren't worth as much in terms of $$$ anymore. That's life folks. I didn't complain, I said I saw "nothing unfair" as I recall."

Point taken and agreed. What I do with is the whole calling Cliff a liar thing (not you, but the second post in the thread). That is assassinating someones character.

Revision 1.0 of the Axe-Fx II didn't have the RJ-45. It had two pedal jacks. Then one day I was staring at the MFC and thought "Ya know, I could remove a pedal jack and fit an RJ-45 and communicate with the MFC over that". It was serendipity, not secrecy.

I'm just glad there is 1 left, it works with all my synths to set my delay time right now.

I embrace the II with dreams!

The time frame that something develops done not revolve around anyones life but how hard Cliff and assoc. decide to work.

Time has passed and the process of learning, user input, and dreams of perfect features have led him to expand.

I've had my Ultra for about 3 years, I'm ready to move forward, I think Cliff was too!

My Son wants my Ultra, if he can come up with 1K, might pass it down!.......Emergency spare, lol

And when a Quad SHARC shows up in 5 years, I'll be there.

No vacations Cliff!!! lol

Last edited:
LOL . .all of a sudden there is a dirth of Axes on E-Bay . . . I can't imagine why :) I have been eyeing the Axe Fx for a while now and am glad I have held off getting one because the Future is soon to arrive . . . maybe this is what is meant by "Winning the Future" . . .

(sampleaccurate)Fourth, your logic leaves out a few things...
I posed no logic argument. I'm not trying to unravel the countdown puzzle, fuss with you (or anyone), or pick apart your statements. The exact detail of my example is not important. The example was simply handy. I painted a small picture of one of the many manifestations of what I know as the "think-prove circuit" that have been raging across these boards recently.

In cases like the recent forum explosion, the underlying brain/wiring issues that cause us to react and lash out in the negative ways that we do when various types of charged events present themselves is far more useful for study, learning and growth than any of the so-called details.

Another picture that has been presented and that some people have fortified with their reactions and speculations:
Fractal Audio Systems manufactures and sells Ultras
Fractal Audio Systems has trouble keeping up with demand
Fractalworldwide sells lots of Ultras on Ebay
Therefore: Fractal Audio Systems intentionally keeps new units unavailable. Then, cleverly disguised as Fractalworldwide, rakes in the dough on Ebay.

When this (or any picture) gets de-bunked in detail folks that can't/won't turn off their charged think-prove pattern either ignore the details and reassert the speculation or switch channels and rant about the next convenient detail.

To me, when things get hot and heavy like they have in many of these posts, it's the core thought habits (that most of us are unaware of) underlying the manifested-in-detail thought bubbles of our waking consciousness that benefit from examination. Without introspective mental discipline the current countdown events will pass and we will simply wander into the next charged event, assume our positions, and start again. Useless, worthless and exhausting.

If we discipline/rewire the core thought/habit that fuels the think-prove circuit we can engage the next charged moment with more clarity and calm and less of all the other stuff that's been floating around.

Last edited:
This is fascinating scotts. I wouldn't mind hearing more, and maybe a link or two where I can do some reading.

Thanks for sharing.

Terry.

First, I'm not "assassinating" anyone's "character"
That's precisely what you and the other individual who accused beta testers of "unloading" their Axe-Fxs were doing.

Second, when you say your sick of hearing people's opinions,
I didn't say that.

and threaten to take some kind of action for expressing them
Personal attack of the sort in which you were engaging is explicitly against forum rules.

However, I probably should have said "people" and not "beta testers".
No. You definitely should refrain from making unfounded accusations against anyone.

Actually my point was that *someone* found out. Who I don't know other than eBay names which I produced.
You have no way of knowing that those sellers had "found out" anything. Given fractalworldwide's recent history of selling several Axe-Fxs, the one sale you referenced is meaningless.

I apologize to anyone who beta tested that took it personally
Apology accepted.

It's not a big deal until moderators start telling me I can't express my opinion.
Nobody told you that. OTOH, you can't make personal attacks in the form of unfounded accusations.

Another picture that has been presented and that some people have fortified with their reactions and speculations:
Fractal Audio Systems manufactures and sells Ultras
Fractal Audio Systems has trouble keeping up with demand
Fractalworldwide sells lots of Ultras on Ebay
Therefore: Fractal Audio Systems intentionally keeps new units unavailable. Then, cleverly disguised as Fractalworldwide, rakes in the dough on Ebay.
I did not know that. Is this real?

Hmmmm . . looks like a lot of conspiricy theory going on here . . .we do live paranoid times . . .but paranioa breeds fractured logic . .like this

FACT: tigers eat meat
FACT: tiger is a five letter word
CONCLUSION: five letter words eat meat

Peace :)

Hmmmm . . looks like a lot of conspiricy theory going on here . . .we do live paranoid times . . .but paranioa breeds fractured logic . .like this

FACT: tigers eat meat
FACT: tiger is a five letter word
CONCLUSION: five letter words eat meat

Peace :)

Your logic is flawed... 'tigers' != 'tiger' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom