New AxeFx II Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that one is a little troubling, as it clinched my final decision on my Ultra. Even allowing that the R&D for the new amp technology could have been done on an Ultra platform, before starting work on an actual product, it is hard to believe that the product was developed in less than eight months. Cliff, what is the explanation for this?

Not expecting an answer here I asked about the product dev cycle in another thread, possibly naively. Still, Cliff didn't need to make that post at all, so why post a lie? I don't accept that it was. Cliff likely had a lot of the R&D complete for another product, but he hadn't pulled the trigger yet eight months ago.

Its funny how some of you guys assume he greenlighted the AXE II 3 years ago and was waiting in the shadows for the supply to run out and then drop this on us.

What makes you think that any of us should be privy to ANY information on R&D, marketing and the way a person runs the business.
I opened up a computer repair shop last August (I still work my full time job as a Network Engineer and play in a band) I will tell you PROTECTING YOURSELF (family) and your ASSets comes FIRST!
I have some proprietary stuff running that I cannot imagine getting out at this time. Quit criticizing....
Bottom line is BIG DEAL! Buy it ,dont buy it, sell it, get another one WAIT, buy it , buy another one, Wait some more buy another.
If you have an Axe-FX you should be happy or you would be selling and moving on.....You will probably buy an Axe-fxII or you would not be here!

I am soooo poised and ready to drop kick all the whiny baby posts and threads...

Last edited:
I came across that one too when I was researching what to buy (went through Cliff's posts) and decided to go for the Ultra as nothing was in the works. But perhaps something clicked into place and the schedule got accelerated and they ramped up the Axe II that quickly - with manufacturing options of today it's possible. It's an interesting comment.

An outright lie that was the only thing that kept me from selling my Ultra on Countdown 8 when it was worth $400 more...

Oh well, I'll still be in line for the AxeII as soon as it's shipping...

cliff has always stated he's been developing the Axe 2 since the original boxes came out on some level. He's stated he's always working on modelling techniques that were too intensive for the old boxes with the idea when axefx 2 became real he would already be ahead of the curve. I think the hardware may have been the last piece of the puzzle but i think he's been pretty open that the programming has been going on for years

cliff has always stated he's been developing the Axe 2 since the original boxes came out on some level. He's stated he's always working on modelling techniques that were too intensive for the old boxes with the idea when axefx 2 became real he would already be ahead of the curve. I think the hardware may have been the last piece of the puzzle but i think he's been pretty open that the programming has been going on for years

Those of us who have been around since the beginning of the forum (2006?- Early 2007) saw it evolve (Standard then Ultra) The writing was one the wall early on that it was reaching its limits and the DEMAND by users to add a USB port, Headphone out etc. (it would compete with like devices)

DING!! goes the oven bell - IT IS DONE and ready to come out of the oven!

Didn't Cliff state somewhere that he couldn't get two processors to communicate fast enough? That seemed to be the limiting factor. Once that hurdle was solved it seems all his ideas were realized.

Being a relative newcomer to this forum, my unspoken query about the Axe FX was whether the Standard and Ultra came out after each other, or at the same time. That's been answered now, so in light of this, and the rate at which technology advances, it would be silly to assume that there will be no Axe FX II Ultra or equivalent.

The Axe FX II doesn't bother me in the slightest, as the new firmware update on the Ultra is pretty awesome to my ears. I don't need it, and when the Axe FX II Ultra does come along, I will re-evaluate.

It was simply a lie. The MFC had the RJ45 jack in 2010 for the Axe FX II that was already in development.

Have you read the label on the mfc-101 - it is labeled expansion port. It was originally designed for that purpose.

Last edited:
Seems to me, and I'm no expert, that the hurdle was jumped by splitting the duties of the unit between the processors, instead of trying to use both processors for everything, he set one for amp modeling an one for everything else. Less of communication and more of a handoff?

An outright lie that was the only thing that kept me from selling my Ultra on Countdown 8 when it was worth $400 more...
+1

And the beta Users dumped their's. What a trainwreck (not the amps).

Have you read the label on the mfc-101 - it is labeled expansion port. It was originally designed for that purpose.
Seems to me it was labeled "expansion" for camouflaging the Axe FX II purpose.

There will be no Axe-Fx II Ultra, for the most obvious of reasons. There is no space for the word "Ultra" after "Axe-Fx II" on the new front panel design.

BTW, it no secret that Cliff has been developing algorithms for the future for sometime. He has spoke about new cab modeling processes, amp modeling improvements, etc. He probably has things on the board (development) that won't fit on the current platform.

It really seems like he got an epiphany regarding dual processors. I remember the dual processor thread a long while back. I think I started it. It sounds like he finally over came the issue he stated there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom