New Axe owner 4th day of the Axe-Fx III - a little remorse in my journey

yeah, I am really diggin that patch. I think I have to setup the HD500 to have a patch change and switch scenes. That lead is gnarly and the clean is sick!

This is a keeper :)

I have found my first patch I have fell in love with while using my V. tooled around with it and playing Voyager by Gamma. Factory patch 18 - Shiver

That is going to be the base of patches for me until I find my next favorite patch.

What is the return policy at FAS? curious...

Forget it. You’re done. It’ll only get worse. Remember to eat and drink once in a while.

Day 9 - I have my HD500X setup that will help tide me over until the Kraken(FC12) is released. Would really like that pedal...

I have the following setup with a bit of help from bshaw92. Muchos Gracias!!!

1. HD500X set to pedalboard mode FS5-FS8 <== this allows 8 fs controllers after patch select
2. Wah and Vol setup with an off for the volume - fought with Wah auto engage a couple times, but working as expected now.
3. Looper permanently on and selectable features when looper button is active on the HD500X. Works as expected without issue other than a couple volume and double/fast speed issues when switching to looper mode from patch. Issues happened playing and also stopped and were sporadic. (not too happy about that though) That would be absolutely horrible during a live performance!
4. bank and patch selection on the HD500X is still the same as if using the preset select mode instead of FS5-FS8
5. Tap button accurately set on the AF3 as tapped.

All of that took a couple days to setup but had to be done. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!! </Titan>

I didn’t do enough research prior to purchasing the AF3. I hadn’t ordered one, just subscribed to the news regarding it through the Australian agent. I rec’d an email advising me of an unexpected delivery of a batch of iiis that weren’t preordered. I immediately set off to buy one ( I’m 50 minutes drive away from the business ) and picked up an MFC-101 mk 3 on the way. I thought AF3 / 101 MK 3....perfection...

I didn’t do enough research prior to purchasing the AF3. I hadn’t ordered one, just subscribed to the news regarding it through the Australian agent. I rec’d an email advising me of an unexpected delivery of a batch of iiis that weren’t preordered. I immediately set off to buy one ( I’m 50 minutes drive away from the business ) and picked up an MFC-101 mk 3 on the way. I thought AF3 / 101 MK 3....perfection...
You can make do with it, but it's nowhere close to Axe Fx II + MFC, and definitely not Axe Fx III + FC :(

Those first two Gamma albums are pretty good. I still listen to those ever now and then.

The third one has a some good songs, but overall I prefer the first two. The fourth one released 20 years later is horrible.

Late to the party here as I’m still rocking my AFX2-XL+, which I continue to absolutely love playing through — though truth be told it was not exactly “love at first strum”...

What turned it into a “love thang” for me was the addition of an RJM Mastermind GT/16 controller. I hear that it’s AF3 interconnection/protocol is even better than how it handles my XL+ (hard to imagine) and Ron’s customer support is second to none.

Like the AxeFX, the buy-in certainly isn’t cheap — but neither is the experience of using the best there is.

Last edited:
Late to the party here as I’m still rocking my AFX2-XL+, which I continue to absolutely love playing through — though truth be told it was not exactly “love at first strum”...

What turned it into a “love thang” for me was the addition of an RJM Mastermind GT/16 controller. I hear that it’s AF3 interconnection/protocol is even better than how it handles my XL+ (hard to imagine) and Ron’s customer support is second to none.

Like the AxeFX, the buy-in certainly isn’t cheap — but neither is the experience of using the best there is.
Ron and his wife are total aces.

Those first two Gamma albums are pretty good. I still listen to those ever now and then.

The third one has a some good songs, but overall I prefer the first two. The fourth one released 20 years later is horrible.
I have always loved his Paper Money album were Sammy got his first big break and Gama 1 & 2 were just Awesome...

Back
Top Bottom