New Axe FX2 XL+ new user's first thoughts

Jim Dimenno

A couple of weeks ago I decided to take the plunge. The Axe FX 3 was coming out and prices dropped for the 2 XL+. I ordered the 2XL+ and the MFC-101. I also read through many threads of how best to run it. I ended up Getting a Crown XLi 800 and a pair of full range Grindhouse PA/DJ speakers. I connected it all last night and I think the Crown amp was definitely a good choice as the system was whisper quiet!

Now I have been a analog/tube man for many years with my favorites being my 50w Plexi clone and my AC15 and a shitload of pedals. I have ventured into TC Electronic G System at times but always came back to my pedals and Plexi. I was always gigging and did not have the time to study manuals.

After I had the MFC communicating properly with the FX I started going through presets just to get a feel for the sound. Dear Lord, I do not know how they did it, nor do I really care but I was completely blown away! Real amp feel with the guitar cleaning up with rolling back a little. Astounded with the effects quality! The multi-tap delays and the Chorus were heavenly! I like spatial sound and enjoy delays and verbs but I have honestly never heard anything like this! Plus I'm in freakin STEREO!

Well, enough blabbering as I am starting to drool. Suffice to say I am very pleased and look forward to exploring the unit more.

Thanks

Jim Dimenno

Back
Top Bottom