New Axe-Fx - Input 1 level

Doug

Inspired
Just got the unit, had a chance to play for about an hour tonight (through headphones unfortunately), and I'm loving it.

One thing though - I can't get Input 1 into the red even if I dime the Input 1 knob on the front of the unit and I dime my volume on the guitar. I can rarely even get it into the yellow. Does that sound like a problem with my pickups (or maybe just my guitar in general)? I'm using a new guitar cable, so there shouldn't be a problem there.

most likely not.
Which guitar and which pups?
Many pups have real weak output levels. If you have another guitar, try it with that and compare levels.
Which input on Axe? Front or rear ?

Note that "optimal" input level is occasionally hitting the red when guitar is played real hard - when using front input.
It will still work well in your situation.

It's either a '79 or '80 BC Rich Mockingbird with the original pickups (I think). No idea what they are though. I'm plugging into the front Input 1.

I've been reading the forums like a maniac for the past few days, in anticipation of my Axe-FX delivery, and I thought I read somewhere that the ideal setting would be for the Input 1 setting be yellow most of the time during playing, and hit red every once in a while. I guess I'm not that stressed about it, but if my pickups are lacking then I should probably have them checked.

Well.... plug in a different guitar and you will know.
So.... how far are the pickups from the strings?

:?: :idea: :!:

Back
Top Bottom