New Axe Fx IIXL+ but no sound.

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I just got the XL+. I'm still selling my II/mkII and I have an AX8. I guess I'm looking for tips in case I missed something. You know, I started with the Ultra. Just saying I'm not a newbie. But I can't get the outputs to work. No sound. Before I fired it up I loaded firmware 6.0. Maybe something got hung up, so I'm reloading it. My normal set up for home is to go into my audio interface ULN-8 with XLR mic cables. I also have XiTone wedges. I get input levels but no sound.

So far I've taken the stereo XLR from the AX8, the Axe Fx II (2 different stereo pairs going into four different channels) and 1/4" to the XiTone wedges and get no sound, but I have with the AX8 and the II. So I'm just hoping there's something I'm missing it setting this up. I've set my other units up and just left them set up, so I might have forgotten something? Reinstalled Q6 and still get no sound. The fw was for XL+.

Any tips, or do I have to return it?

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Wait! I also loaded up a preset from my II. My favorite preset. THAT gets no sound. But others do. Sorry. So the presets aren't compatible? What do I have to do to make them compatible?

Wait! I also loaded up a preset from my II. My favorite preset. THAT gets no sound. But others do. Sorry. So the presets aren't compatible? What do I have to do to make them compatible?

The presets are generally compatible from the II to the XL+ depending on the firmware you're using. Just load the preset and go into the unit or Axe Edit and check the block and controller statuses to make sure nothing is amiss. If worse comes to worse, you could always export the preset as individuals blocks and then import them into the XL+ one-by-one.

You could always upload the preset here (the version that is on the XL+) and we could look at it and find out what is going on.
-
Austin

Maybe I'll do that. Thank you. The preset was individually loaded. That was the only one. Kind of a toe in the water experiment.

Back
Top Bottom