New Axe-Fx III user

supreeth

Greetings everyone, I'm a new AxeFX-III user, and wanted to chime in here on how wonderful this unit is. I'm a predominant home player now, and my only prior experience with modeling was with an Axe-FX Ultra back in 2009 and a PodHD unit for quick recording takes. While the Ultra experience was awesome, the tube amp lure was too much for me at the time. I spent the next 10 years playing the Mesa Mark V and Mini Rectifier. I've been downsizing for the last couple of years after our son was born until I sold off all my tube amps(!) as I became a bedroom only player and went fully digital with an application called S-Gear. I still had an HD500 which did a fine job of helping me get by. Up until Monday of last week I was on the fence with this until I got sold on the Axe-FX III watching a couple of Cooper Carter and Leon Todd videos (Thanks!!!). I spoke to my wife about this, and she said "let's get it for your birthday!", and we did!

The last few days have been spent in eargasmic bliss exploring this incredibly inspirational magic box, and getting spoilt by how quickly Cliff turned around with FW 10 beta late last night (and I hadn't even gotten through the new features of 9.01!!!). I have finally been able to really hear the tones in my ear come to life with the Axe, and for that I shall remain eternally grateful. The wealth of knowledge in these forums from fellow Axe players and in the Wiki is unparalleled, and I'm going nowhere! A big thank you to Cliff for continuing to tug on our chords of creativity and innovation with his inspirational genius, and to all of you for making this community what it is.

The best part of this all for me and the cherry on top is that the Axe-FX III was a birthday gift from my wonderful wife :)

Greetings everyone, I'm a new AxeFX-III user, and wanted to chime in here on how wonderful this unit is. I'm a predominant home player now, and my only prior experience with modeling was with an Axe-FX Ultra back in 2009 and a PodHD unit for quick recording takes. While the Ultra experience was awesome, the tube amp lure was too much for me at the time. I spent the next 10 years playing the Mesa Mark V and Mini Rectifier. I've been downsizing for the last couple of years after our son was born until I sold off all my tube amps(!) as I became a bedroom only player and went fully digital with an application called S-Gear. I still had an HD500 which did a fine job of helping me get by. Up until Monday of last week I was on the fence with this until I got sold on the Axe-FX III watching a couple of Cooper Carter and Leon Todd videos (Thanks!!!). I spoke to my wife about this, and she said "let's get it for your birthday!", and we did!

The last few days have been spent in eargasmic bliss exploring this incredibly inspirational magic box, and getting spoilt by how quickly Cliff turned around with FW 10 beta late last night (and I hadn't even gotten through the new features of 9.01!!!). I have finally been able to really hear the tones in my ear come to life with the Axe, and for that I shall remain eternally grateful. The wealth of knowledge in these forums from fellow Axe players and in the Wiki is unparalleled, and I'm going nowhere! A big thank you to Cliff for continuing to tug on our chords of creativity and innovation with his inspirational genius, and to all of you for making this community what it is.

The best part of this all for me and the cherry on top is that the Axe-FX III was a birthday gift from my wonderful wife :)
Welcome to the party :cool:
I Just love my Axe fx iii. It’s a great way to lose track of time, and everything about it is awesome.

Welcome to the Axe fx forum....

The axe fx3 is amazing... But the real cool thing about the unit is Cliff!!!! He constant improves it.... It amazing!!!

Thanks everyone. The last week has been completely consumed between checking out FW 10 and getting lost in the presets. For a JP/Mesa guy, I've been spending 90% of my time on the Axe-FX III getting lost in the Plexi 50W and Plexi 100W presets. These presets together with the volume and tone controls of my Les Paul = Sonic heaven. Amazing, amazing unit!

Back
Top Bottom